“Great find in German Village” 5 of 5 stars
Review of G. Michael's Bistro & Bar

G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 2,154 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Willow
Description: G. Michael's Bistro & Bar. We are a restaurant committed to offering a unique dining experience — unlike any other in German Village and Columbus.At G. Michael's we are committed to focusing on local, seasonal food as much as possible. We endeavor to source as much of our pork, beef, produce and dairy from central Ohio growers and producers as possible. Feel free to ask your server which of our menu items feature these local ingredients.
Michigan
“Great find in German Village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I trusted the various reviews I found on TA and was very pleased with the service, selection, quality and presentation of our meals. I would certainly return.

Visited June 2014

“Small plates, big taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Set in historic German town, G. Michael's offers a beautiful setting for a special dining experience. Small plates offered a variety of unique flavors to satisfy the most discriminating palette. My husband is a picky eater who devoured the spicy shrimp and grits. The mushroom risotto gives new means to comfort food. Great salad. Fine wine. We lucked out on the small brick patio with a large tree in its center but the well appointed inside would have not been disappointing. First rate in every way.

• Visited June 2014
Ashland, Kentucky
“The Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I visited G. Michael's in Columbus, Ohio while celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. Frankly, everything about Michael's is A-1, first rate. Since parking is very limited, they provide valet parking. It was fast on both ends! We were promptly seated without a reservation. The maitre'd was friendly, helpful, and servers were obviously well-trained. The choice of liquors and wines was superb, but the highlight of our evening was the food itself.

We chose mussels for our appetizer, accompanied by a martini and wine. The plate of well-steamed, flavorful mussels was large enough for an entre. They were absolutely superb. We followed this with a spinach salad; then, I had the filet and my wife the salmon. We were treated like royalty. The food was served promptly and professionally. I had another martini and my wife another glass of wine, after which we split an absolutely luscious dessert and topped the evening off with coffee and kaulua.

G. Michael's is pricey! The evening totaled $163.00, and with tip it rounded out to $200.00. But, it was an unforgettable experience. We left feeling it was every bit worth the money!

We highly recommend G. Michael's as probably one of the finest restaurants in Columbus, Ohio...perhaps in central Ohio.

Visited May 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I visited here for the first time last night because someone had given me a gift card and we were looking for a restaurant near downtown before we went to a show at the Ohio Theatre. I went with 4 other people and none of us were disappointed. The place is not very big, but doesn't feel crowded. We sat inside, but the patio looked very inviting. Our server was excellent. He was very attentive, willing to answer questions and worked hard to meet our needs. He gave us some background on the chef and made great food recommendations. He also had a good handle on the beer and wine lists. Starters we had: house salad, fried crab cake and wild mushroom risotto (we all tried each others food). All of them were delicious, although the risotto was my favorite. Entrees: 8 oz. broiled filet, duck & strip, lasagna and shrimp & grits. Again, all of it was great. It was presented beautifully and everything was hot. I loved my filet- it was juicy and had a nice mix of flavors. We also got a side of the bacon mashed potatoes so we could try them and they had a nice bit of bacon in it. Even the butter for the bread is unique- it has a combination of peppers and onions in it. Desserts we got: Bourbon Pecan Pie, Double chocolate pudding and Warm Sour Cream Apple Crisp. Again, all delicious, The pacing of our meal was not rushed but did not feel slow either (whole meal was about 2 hours). My group also commented that everyone in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying themselves. We were also surprised that it was a little more casual than we expected and the restaurant did not have a stuffy, arrogant feel. The food is not cheap, but is delicious. I will be back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Morels are in season again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

So it is the brief time of year with morels in season and g michaels has an amazing appetizer it is over grits with candied tomatoes while the price is high it is well worth the pleasure of these elusive mushrooms
My group also tried the new crabcakes app and the charcuterie plate which was excellent as well
Drinks as usually were great as well one cannot beat the service Megan provides at the bar

• Visited May 2014