“Christmas Eve splurge!”

G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,244 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Willow
Description: G. Michael's Bistro & Bar. We are a restaurant committed to offering a unique dining experience — unlike any other in German Village and Columbus.At G. Michael's we are committed to focusing on local, seasonal food as much as possible. We endeavor to source as much of our pork, beef, produce and dairy from central Ohio growers and producers as possible. Feel free to ask your server which of our menu items feature these local ingredients.
California
“Christmas Eve splurge!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our son made reservations for dinner for Christmas Eve because he had heard good reviews from friends. This restaurant has valet parking and is located in the German Village area. I loved the cozy feel here as there are several different dining areas. There is a nice bar with dining tables in that area and two other areas. We were seated in the middle section with a table for four which had a curtain behind it and we heard lots of dishes and noise going on which made us think it may be part of the kitchen. Someone else said a coffee bar perhaps. After well made cocktails my husband and I ordered the delicious House Salad with spiced pecans, red wine poached pears, and creamy gorgonzola vinaigrette for $8. and it was large enough to share. We both also had the Pan Fried Flounder with winter squash-Idaho potato puree, flash-fried green beans, lemon-caper-bell pepper butter sauce, and cocktail sauce marmalade. That was $26. We splurged with the wine with a nice Pinot Noir from CA. Our waiter was professional and helpful. Our son had one of the "specials" which was Lamb Chops and he said they were delicious and daughter-in-law had the special gnocci. Even though it is quite expensive, all in all everything we ate was excellent and we would definitely return.

OH
“Great food, underwhelming service”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I wanted to relay our latest experience with you. We went for

Firstly, our drinks: ordered a coke (got milk), we had to point it out, next wife asked for a Sample, of the Riesling to see if was sweet enough. She mentioned that she is picky on sweet wine. The server brought a full glass. One sip later wife returned it.
Second, food was served 45 minutes later. Server did come by to apologies for the delay (while other around us, who came after us, got their dinner). I was fine with that but surprised no bread was served and asked for some 40 minutes in.
Third, my glass of Merlot was funny in taste, but, I let it go. Then after I neared the end of my drink, I noticed that their was excessive 'residue' at the bottom of the glass (it was not pretty). I mentioned this and the server agreed and apologized.

Now the appetizer, food and dessert was excellent.

The server did comp us the dessert for the delay and comp'd my drink. Nice gesture for sure, but, the joke was my wife's wine (which she returned since she had only asked for a sample first) was charged to us.

Dublin, Ohio
“Excellent Dining Experience”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Nice location in historic German Village section of Columbus. Seating is split into several areas creating a more intimate atmosphere. Our waiter was very professional and polished. Four of us dined there this month and each ordered a different entree. Everyone was very happy with their choice. All four of us would highly recommend your choosing this restaurant.

Columbus, Ohio, USA
“Best in Columbus”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Have been here several times and always have a wonderful experience. Great service. Love the shrimp appetizer!

Visited December 2013
boston,ma
“Great service, good food”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went to G Michaels for Thanksgiving, one of the few open places in Columbus. The venue is very nice, comfortable. The service was outstanding from the valet to the very professional and engaging waiter. The wine/beer/spirits list is very good. The food itself was quite good with very good basic ingredients prepared relatively simply. Desert was somewhat disappointing. Overall a very nice, pleasant experience, well worth the visit especially for their kindness on a holiday. I'm not sure the value is as outstanding.

• Visited November 2013

Been to G. Michael's Bistro & Bar? Share your experiences!