“No garlic in bread please!”

G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,255 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Willow
Description: G. Michael's Bistro & Bar. We are a restaurant committed to offering a unique dining experience — unlike any other in German Village and Columbus.At G. Michael's we are committed to focusing on local, seasonal food as much as possible. We endeavor to source as much of our pork, beef, produce and dairy from central Ohio growers and producers as possible. Feel free to ask your server which of our menu items feature these local ingredients.
Rome
“No garlic in bread please!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The bistro is very nice, with a cozy atmosphere, nice and big windows. It is quiet and the bar doesn't get too crowded, possibly the best place for dining in the German Village. Service and quality of food are good. I personally don't like complex dishes. Thus, I would prefer not to have sophisticated sauces in the plate, but I know that many people like it. What I found unforgivable is to get slice of bread full of big pieces of garlic. You can't tell this from the appearance, but just from the taste that many people (certainly me) may find disgusting. Please ask the costumers before serving this garlic bread again!

• Visited November 2013

Arizona
“Lovely place - excellent food”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had dinner here with a friend while I was in town for business. The place itself is lovely - lots of windows and in a quaint old building in German Village.
Service was very good and the choices all sounded so good I had a hard time deciding on what to eat. Everything was delicious.
I would recommend this for couples, friends, solo eating and for business dinners.

• Visited September 2013
chicago
“Wonderful Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was on a business trip in Columbus and ventured out from the hotel to visit the German Village area. We didn't have a reservation on a Saturday night and the main dining room was booked up for a long wait, but we were able to sit at the bar and order dinner. It was a great time. The staff was friendly, and the food was remarkable. I had one of the specials of the night: lobster-filled ravioli topped with braised short ribs all on a bed of kale. It was delicious and a generous portion. If I'm ever back in Columbus, I will make a reservation and gladly dine here any time. Also, the cozy atmosphere made for a great night out.

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, Ohio, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of Columbus' best”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is our favorite special restaurant in Columbus. Great for a special night out, family & friend celebrations or anytime. Consistently over the years providing great food and service!! Atmosphere is great. It's quiet and everyone provides great customer service. Food is always good. A must go to place whether visiting or a local.

• Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Outstanding food, good service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

G. Michael's is a consistently good place for a meal in Columbus, with good food and some good wines available by the glass. Parking isn't the easiest, but there's usually street parking within two or three blocks. Business has taken me to Columbus a number of times, and I usually make a point of having at least one dinner here. It's an easy drive to the airport, so I am comfortable stopping here on my way out of town for an evening flight out. If you're in Columbus, try this place rather than the tres-chic spots blooming on High St. Great atmosphere, too. I've been here five times, always with great meals.

• Visited December 2012

Been to G. Michael's Bistro & Bar? Share your experiences!