“fine dining, great food and atmosphere”

G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 2,276 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Willow
Description: G. Michael's Bistro & Bar. We are a restaurant committed to offering a unique dining experience — unlike any other in German Village and Columbus.At G. Michael's we are committed to focusing on local, seasonal food as much as possible. We endeavor to source as much of our pork, beef, produce and dairy from central Ohio growers and producers as possible. Feel free to ask your server which of our menu items feature these local ingredients.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you're a foodie, you'll love G. Michael's. This is food done well. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. It's is a bit more on the expensive side, but the appetizer/entree options and food quality really is excellent.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had dinner here visiting from out of town. As usual, I looked to TripAdvisor when looking for a restaurant. We had a late dinner (8:15) on a Friday night and were able to get a seat outside in the intimate and romantic garden patio.

Server made excellent recommendations. We had a selection of appetizers. Sadly they were out of the summer tomato tart, so we instead ordered the Duck Confit Crostini and also the Fried Green Tomatoes, and Shrimp and Grits. All were excellent! We look forward to returning next time we are in Columbus. Nice for couples, special occasions and business.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've been going here for a few years, and it's always, ALWAYS a great experience. I've never had anything that was not delicious. The staff is courteous and attentive. Very knowledgeable about ever item on the menu.

For a casual experience, I like that I can slip in to the tables at the bar and get the excellent food and service without having to dress up.

This is my go to place for special occasions, entertaining guests, or just because I need a good meal.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Michael's serves tasty, well produced food. The ingredients are fresh and of very good quality. It comes to the table with the right temperature, looking very good, tasting very good. Excellent service. Superb vine. Quality and price ratio is very good. But somehow, I missed the elegance. It was as if it was too much, too many tastes put together in one: as you can see on the photos it is not quite easy to guess what I had to eat.
Anyway, do not hesitate to go there. It is great!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a great meal here. The chef it not shy when it comes to flavors. He uses vinegar, hot peppers and spices without making them a pronounced flavor -- just enough. My husband eats here whenever he goes to Columbus. Can't wait for the next trip.