“Great food”

Mitchell's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 2,314 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Gay Street
Description: Experience The Modern American Steakhouse. Mitchell’s Steakhouse, raises the bar again, offering the best steak, seafood and wine in Columbus, Ohio. Our hand selected prime steaks are aged to perfection. Or choose your favorite cut from our selection of true Japanese Kobe beef. Our house made side dishes don’t just complement, they wow. Our wine list, featuring 200 of the world’s finest labels, earned the 2006 Wine Spectator award of excellence. This is not your father’s steakhouse. It’s Mitchell’s. The Modern American Steakhouse.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My brother and I visited while in Ohio for the Arnold Classic.
The shrimps to start where fantastic and huge! Both our rare steaks where cooked to perfection.

Our waitress was really nice and helpful.

It wasn't cheap by any means but you get what you pay for. Not a bad word to say about the place.

Would definitely go back if I was lucky enough to be in Ohio again.

1  Thank Chunk28

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Go to any other steakhouse. One not owned by Mitchell's Inc. LIke most of their other "concepts" they only pretend to be a steakhouse and hope no one will notice. Hard not to.

1  Thank uvabarca
Reviewed March 12, 2013

visit mitchell's downtown every visit to Columbus and it was great as always !
the drinks were very different and yummy and the food as always was excellent although the lobster mac and cheese was not as good as some i've tasted.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a large group of 14 with an evening reservation in the private backroom area. The staff was tremendous and saw to our every need. The service was fast for a large group and the drink and appetizer orders came out in perfect time. The food was excellent as always and for my to-go-box, the staff included a new loaf of bread. The service sets this place apart!!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Yay to restaurant week...even though I found out that Columbus even had one way too late! But not late enough, that I could partake in the deliciousness that is Mitchell's Steakhouse.

Made reservations for a Wednesday evening without any problems and had 2 of my lovely coworkers join me for this opportunity - 'cause that's what it was at those prices!

Went in, and got seated right away. It's definitely a place for business folks (including us of course). Our server was a lovely lady that is retiring shortly. She recommended some drinks as we waited for #3 to arrive. I had the blueberry Mojito and it was delish! A true winner for those Mojito lovers...and so nice to think tropics during this crazy cold weather. We knew we were doing the restaurant week special, so we didn't even bother discussing the regular menu and got right down to ordering. I had the awesome Micthell's Chop Chop salad - I loved it! Anything that has dates and goat cheese just can't be bad. I also had the filet medium (we all did) and it was more like medium rare, but it was very tasty - one of the girls sent hers back for some more time on the grill. We also had 3 sides and shared...the best thing to do. Corn, cream spinach, mac and cheese - no disappointments here. Everything tasted great and we cleaned our plates.

The only thing that was mediocre was the dessert...some kind of cheap tasting chocolate cake, which was a real bummer after such a great meal. I'm guessing they decided to save on that...and it certainly showed. All three of us pretty much left the dessert alone...

Overall a good experience and I would go back.