“Poor service”

Mitchell's Steakhouse - Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Steakhouse - Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 2,301 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Gay Street
Description: Experience The Modern American Steakhouse. Mitchell’s Steakhouse, raises the bar again, offering the best steak, seafood and wine in Columbus, Ohio. Our hand selected prime steaks are aged to perfection. Or choose your favorite cut from our selection of true Japanese Kobe beef. Our house made side dishes don’t just complement, they wow. Our wine list, featuring 200 of the world’s finest labels, earned the 2006 Wine Spectator award of excellence. This is not your father’s steakhouse. It’s Mitchell’s. The Modern American Steakhouse.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

From the minute I got there I was uncomfortable. The hostess had the worst attitude ever. She was very rude I can't believe such a nice restraunt hired an extremely disrespectful lady. I WILL NEVER RETURN UNTIL THIS LADY IS NO LONGER EMPLOYED!!!!! Customer service is everything!!!! P.s. the food was great!!!!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Last place my husband and I celebrated our anniversary (40th). Very nice atmophere. Food and wine was excellent. Servers were fantastic. They were right there when we needed something, but did not hover over us. Good memories

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We enjoyed a great dinner here with 2 other couples. We had a nice round table, which I like when dining with 6 people. The service was great. After a day of traveling, I was pretty hungry, and the food hit a home run. We had several seafood appetizers that were all fresh and well seasoned. Main course steaks and sides were delicious. They also had a nice cocktail menu and wine list. We walked in 10 minutes past our reservation, and it was not a problem. The staff was great and seated us quickly. Overall, a nice steakhouse.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Service was very poor while the filet was really outstanding.
Used to have bread with my dinner I didn't get any and this lower my appreciation.
They have a bakery just in front, at Polaris Mall, why not buy a french baguette?

Service time made me nervous, I'm assuming that cooking a filet doesn't take so long but's worthwile.

Not suggested, just in case you really like a good steak.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Where can I start. I took a party of 13 clients to Mitchell's to dinner. In the past the service and food quality was outstanding. This year it was easily the second most terrible experience of a year's worth of dining out.
Lets start with walking in. Our reservation was early (6 p.m.) and we were warmly greeted by the host, but there was an unpleasant smell to the restaurant. Kind of like bad hamburger being browned.
We had one server for a table of 13 and she was less than warm and friendly. She stood at one end of the table and shouted menu information. Additionally, only one wine list (included by the glass and bottle) was presented to the table. We had to pass it around. We ordered appetizers for the table and each person then ordered. Additionally, I had on light colored pants. I was left with a dark napkin and dark lint on my pants after the meal.
The french onion soup was panned by four clients who ordered it. It was too sweet. I had the house "chop chop" salad which included many flavors I loved (dates, romaine lettuce, corn, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese and other goodies) but there were just too many of them going on in this salad and the dressing did nothing to pull them together. After dinner, other clients told me they ordered the salad last year and hated it. Would have been good to know earlier.
But I have to admit, the condition of my entree, a 7 oz fillet was unforgivable! I ordered medium rare and I got medium well. It's a steak house! Additionally, I had to ask for an additional fork. Mine were appropriately cleared with appetizers and salad, but a new one did not accompany my entree!
Other clients faced similar issues with entrees. I was told that the salmon was very good. But other steaks were overcooked and the mashed potatoes for one client were not warm enough. Oh, I was told the bread was outstanding.
Additionally, the server did not offer coffee service after the meal. Again, maybe it's a personal pet peeve, but I love coffee after a rich meal.
Sadly, I will not plan our annual outing at Mitchell's next year.

1  Thank PauletteHuber-Mills

Been to Mitchell's Steakhouse - Downtown? Share your experiences!