“Amazing pizza!!”

Cuisines: German, Greek, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

The waiter recommended the pizza when I asked what was good there at Plank's. My dad then showed up with his wife (who is incredibly picky and the opposite of a foodie) so when she praised the pizza, I knew I had to try it. My fiancée and I ordered a large Hawaiian pizza because we were so excited that it had cinnamon on it. The crust is a sweet sourdough and the pizza sauce has a sweetness to it as well. It had such a unique flavor that took a few bites to get used to but I really enjoyed it once I got used to the sweetness of the crust and sauce. The side salad was $3.75 and it was not really worth it. The pizza was a definite winner but forego the salad which is literally iceberg lettuce and 2 cherry tomatoes with 2 packs of captain wafers. The ambiance was fantastic and my dad who is a regular there was greeted warmly by many staff.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

You will definitely either love or hate the pizza from here. The crust has a distinct sweetness (not too overwhelming) that you can taste in every bite, so I highly recommend getting a savory/salty topping to balance it out. It was a nice change of pace from a regular pizza, and the super crispy pepperoni was a perfect compliment to the sweetness. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I only discovered Plank's in the last year that I lived in Columbus. Now I HAVE to come every time I'm in town visiting. The pizza is worth driving a couple hundred miles! The bratwurst pizza is amazing - you're in German Village, so of course anything sausage-like is going to be excellent! I was there to meet up with some friends I hadn't seen in months or years. There were several large parties going on, but we still got ourselves a table and had a great time. It's not a place to go for a quiet evening, but it's a great place if you're with a group that wants to not only have some great food, but have some good laughs and tell some stories in a friendly, happy atmosphere.

Also, the fried mushrooms are excellent!!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Very friendly. This old German Tavern serves up old style german food, pizza and soups. In an OSU filled memorabilia bar. Coaches, players and local media hangout here. Located In an area where you want to be careful, the parking lot is well lighted. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Dubbed the Italian chipotle is kind of the same concept. Pick the pasta. Sauce. And meat. Get it on a bowl or in a piada which is kind of like a tortilla. Choice of veggies is much better than most restaurants.

1  Thank rodrigug