“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: German, Greek, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 9, 2012

One of a kind, throw-back bar/restaurant/pizzeria with tons of old school Ohio State and other college memorabilia. This place isn't corporate! Pizza is tasty if a bit sweet. Servers mostly wear old-time garb. Neighborhood is improving and interior of the restaurant is very clean and cozy.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Plank's may not have ambiance or a high-end menu, but they have the best pizza I have ever had anywhere!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Plank's was disappointing. I was cold and there were so many tables reserved, it was hard to "seat yourself". But, it must be good with all the reserved areas. I found the menu limited.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Walking into Plank's is walking into a neighborhood bar/restaurant. I used to visit frequently when I worked at Children's Hospital. Since we moved away almost 4 years ago, I have been crazing their pizza. After 4 years, my first stop after checking into our hotel was Plank's- YUM! The crust a bit sweet but that's what gives it it's goodness. The pepperoni is delicious but plain cheese also makes my mouth drool. They just celebrated 70 years last year and I hope they continue their success because I would love to visit again whenever we head back to Cbus.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I've been going to Planks for years. We used to go to their other (High St) location after softball at Berliner Park. We even had a wake of sorts at Planks on Parsons for my wife's dad when he passed several years ago (what's not to like if you're an Irish Catholic Buckeye fan?).

As other reviewers have mentioned, it's not in the nicest part of town, but it is on the edge of German Village and only a couple of blocks away from Nationwide Childrens Hospital. It sits in an unremarkable single story building, but has a generous parking lot (unusual for German Village area restaurants).

If you're a true believer (=Buckeye Fan) you'll enjoy the memorabilia packed into every corner of this place. And yes, they still have Jim Tressel's picture on the wall (he was railroaded by ESPN, I swear!).

I met a friend their to share a cold pitcher of brew and sandwich the other day. When we got there at 4pm, there were only a few people dining (the older crowd trying to beat the dinner rush apparently). We were greeted by a seasoned citizen hostess and promptly seated. In a minute or two, our friendly waitress stopped by and returned quickly with a pitcher and a couple of frosty mugs.

I had a very tasty bratwurst (after much deliberation - lots of good comfort food on the menu) and my friend had an Italian sub that he gave two thumbs up. I believe they do a fair share of carryout pizza and sub business there as well. Many locals & regulars at the bar, but also some sort of company gathering was going on in the dining room when we were there.

It's clean, bright, with friendly mature servers and no over-amp'd music. I will be returning to Planks soon for the Johnny Marzetti (a lunch favorite, but only certain days of the week).

BTW, if the parking lot is any indication of how popular this place is, when we left two hours later the lot was full.