“Just meh....and overpriced”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,228 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chagrin
Description: The Melting Pot offers a unique and interactive dining experience in a casual elegant atmosphere. It"s the perfect location for a romantic evening, corporate dinner party, or friendly gathering. Guests enjoy a choice of 4 flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of entree selections combined with special dipping sauces. The menu also includes creamy cheese fondue, fresh salad, fine wines and mouth-watering chocolate fondue desserts.
Zanesville, Ohio
“Just meh....and overpriced”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Dined here for the first time for my birthday on the recommendation of a friend. Not really impressed. First, the entrance is off the street, but once you open the door, you must descend dozens of steps into a basement level (would be nice to inform handicapped patrons that an elevator exists, but we only found this out after we reached the hostess...how would anyone know about this?). The atmosphere...dark...VERY DARK! Not "ambiance dark"...but DARK DARK (we couldn't even read the menu!!). Yes, everyone is right...the menu is confusing, but we got past that and started the chore of cooking our own food at the table. The portions are incredibly small for the price (which was $103 for the two of us with the tip!!). On top of that, the sirloin was tough-tough-tough. It was not the enjoyable experience that I envisioned and I was so disappointed to have this experience on my x0th birthday :(

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tkontheway

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, Ohio
“Small portions and high prices”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My daughter and I had never been before and wanted to try it. We went at the holidays for a special treat. The 4 course meal sounded like way too much food, so we opted for just the main entrée and dessert. I wish we had gone for the 4 courses as there wasn't enough food for me (and I'm not a huge eater). The food we did have was good and the service was good, but I certainly wouldn't want to go back as I don't feel you get your money's worth.

• Visited December 2013
Mercer County, Ohio
“Fun & unique experience A+ rating”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Took my 8-year old son for our 'date night'. We didn't have reservations so we ended up sitting at the bar. John the bartender was wonderful! He answered all our questions, made several great recommendations and was a wonderful help to our endless questions!
The food was amazing. We had the steak, chicken & shrimp meal and it was great!
Dessert was white chocolate cremè brulè and OMG was it heavenly!
All around, wonderful experience and great food!

“Let's Dip!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Melting Pot is a special place to dine, celebrate a special evening, or just do a winter warmer. It is fun to cook your own meal over your fondue pot. There is something for everyone.

Visited November 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Fun time with the family”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just had dinner at The Melting Pot before a show at Easton. Who family enjoyed the different courses. Service was great. The accomodated our time needs well too!

Visited November 2013

Been to The Melting Pot? Share your experiences!