“Superb Mediterranean”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This small restaurant in located in a strip mall shopping center not far from Interstate 70. If friends hadn't led us here, my wife and I would never have picked this place. We're glad we came. I had The Olive Tree Shawarma which was sliced beef seasoned with spices, grilled with onions, bell peppers and tomatoes and layered over hummus and served with pita bread. It was wonderful! My wife had the chicken shish kabob which consisted of cubed tenderized and marinated chicken, bell peppers and onions on two skewers which were at least 18" long; they looked like something from an Ali Babba movie. The chicken skewers were served on a bed of rice. Nancy said her meal was very good but I was so drawn to the skewers in fascination. The middle-aged Israeli owner, David, came by our table repeatedly asking if everything was fine. You could tell how proud he was of this fine establishment. This is a place I will travel out of my way to come again.
Go here to learn more: OliveTreeColumbus.com

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Good made to order real food. Authentic mediterranean food with a large vegetation and vegan offerings. Dave the owner is front and center welcoming customers. Seafood soup and fire fries always a hit

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We've been here *a lot*!

Excellent staff. I think a large part of why is that the owner is usually there to keep an eye on things. He usually comes to the tables to talk to his customers and make sure everyone is happy. Ask him if he knows a soccer player named Pele. :)

They make a *killer* seafood soup! I love it! Especially with a spoon or so off the hot sauce that they cook on the premises. They told me one time how it's made. It's a full day operation. Wish the heck I had the recipe! It's spicy but not just blinding heat. It's got great flavor!

Da wife, da 16 year old son and I have tried many things of the menu. We've never been disappointed. Da wife brings home a Hummus, tabouli, falafel and grape leaves platter every other week. Da boy loves the Kafta Kabob. I've loved everything.

Highly recommended! Go! You'll love it!

2  Thank UsuallyNotGrumpy
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Mediterranean perfection. From the appetizers to the main course, my colleagues and I were thrilled. The owner stopped by our table as well, and was incredibly friendly. We happened to be from a place that hadn't been marked on his USA map, so he asked us to add a pin for our city.

The wait staff was on the ball, hot items were hot, cold items were cold, and I couldn't have left happier.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My fiance and I found this restaurant online and chose it for our Valentine's day dinner, and we're both very happy with the find. The atmosphere of the restaurant is warm and cozy, the prices are very reasonable and the food is great. I had the lamb shank, and it was the best lamb I've ever gotten from any restaurant; the meat was fall-off-the-bone tender and cooked to perfection. Both the Seafood and Lentil soups are also very good, as are the fried smelts. The owner visited our table several times to make sure our food was to our liking and to chat with us. He also brought a rose to our table while we ate our meals. The Olive Tree definitely offers a five star experience all around!