“Classic...”
Review of The Top Steakhouse

The Top Steakhouse
Ranked #133 of 2,301 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: James
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Dark, old school atmosphere..feels kinda like a mob hangout....steaks are great, ...the mushrooms are awesome....always great

All in all, my favorite Steakhouse in Columbus...by far.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I really love The Top. I love the retro interior, I love the piano, I love the patio and the servers. We did have a very unfortunate meal here that was so bad I won't even go into detail other than to say we arrived at 5pm and walked out at 9:45pm and I barely had any food to eat. My friend contacted the manager the next day and told her what happened. She was amazingly empathetic and said come back and everything was on her. Our return was amazing. Everything was perfect. I had the dry aged bone in ribeye which was the special and it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. It had some char on the outside, a wonderful rich flavor and was perfectly cooked. Our meals were so great we can't wait to return and most certainly will. Also, the dirty vodka martini was the best I've ever had, hands down. It's amazing how many places can mess up that simple drink.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very friendly with interesting throw back atmosphere.
So much for the Pro's.
With an 8:45 res. I never thought we would have to wait until 9:45. First mistake.
Waitress was cordial but mostly absent. Mrs., son, and I all had ribeyes. Son and I ordered med. rare, Mrs. Med. Sons was OK, mine was med. well, Mrs. Was medium with enough gristle that when she finished it looked as though she never ate. As we were very hungry by the time we finally were served, son and I both ate the rather tasteless over cooked beef. When asked by the waitress how we enjoyed our meal I mentioned the poor quality of the Mrs. Steak. Waitress seemed upset with us.
Any reputable steakhouse would have discarded the Mrs. Steak before thy prepared it.
Will never return.

2  Thank HuckleberrysFriend
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband has wanted to try this restaurant for several years and finally he got his wish. We stopped here for dinner one night on the way home from the Columbus Symphony. It was so very disappointing. The food was just average and way overpriced. We both had steaks and have had better ones at the Hickory House in Reynoldsburg. Our bill came to over $100, with no alcohol and no dessert. We don't mind paying for a good meal, but this was no way near that. Needless to say we will never go back. Plus you go by the smoking area to get inside and that was not very pleasant. Maybe in it's heyday it was THE place to go, but now...stay away

1  Thank J-K-B10_85
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were there for my birthday, a party of 10 on 3/16/2014. Made reservations and still had to wait about forty minutes. We ordered drinks someone else brought them back and did not bring them all. When our server came back she started to take dinner orders but failed to give us menus. When we finally received our food the steaks were not cooked right and had no flavor. They cooked new steaks and they still were wrong. The mussels and lobster was awful. We asked to speak with the manager and he just stood there with no response. Finally he said he will see what he could do and left. Fifteen minutes later we asked our server was the manager coming back and she ignored us, after asking several time she stated he was not coming back. She seemed to be frustrated with us. After spending over $700 that night I believe we were the ones to be frustrated, especially since they only took one steak off the bill. No we are SORRY what can we do. Just awful service and no one in the party will go back. The worst part is I went last year this same time for my birthday and it was nice and I talked everyone into going telling them how great it was.

1  Thank Paula M

Been to The Top Steakhouse? Share your experiences!