“When a restaurant is this good, it's the little things that count”
Review of M Restaurant & Bar

M Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
M Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 2,291 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Asian, French
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When you walk into M Restaurant, Cameron Mitchell’s marquee restaurant & bar, you understand. You are not just out on the town. You are in another place entirely — South Beach, perhaps. You’re surrounded by beauty. A lovely perspective of Downtown Columbus. An outdoor terrace overlooking the Scioto riverfront. Light woods and luxurious fabrics. A dramatically lit bar. Artfully plated dishes of eclectic American cuisine, influenced by the assertive flavors of Pacific Rim & Europe. All enhanced by impeccable service and a wine list considered one of the nation's best.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Clearly, this is a very fine restaurant. That having been said, "the devil is in the detail". Our party of four entered this lovely constructed restaurant. I had call for a reservation and told the person on the phone that we were coming to celebrate a "big birthday". We were proptly seated and our server came over. Included in the welcoming patter was a not too sophisticated sales job on the specialty drink menu. It was worthy of a used car salesman but a lot friendlier. Drinks were ordered and while they were very nice, they did not "knock my sox off". We all ordered salads which were, again, nicely prepared..No complaints but again not memorable. Bread was brought to the table. It was fresh, crusty and warm. No special spreads. I requested any heels of the bread. Our server said he would get on it. Never saw them and no explanation why. We ordered dinner, pork chop, hamburger, salmon and lamb. All plates came prepared nicely and cooked as requested. The portions were fine and the service, mostly attentive. I have no problem with the meal, service and/or price excepted as noted above. By the way, not a word about the birthday, even though the server had to have heard us toast the birthday. Would I go back? Yes, as I said, it was a nice evening with good food but clearly not "..one of the best meals " I ever had.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Being fortunate to travel and eat across the globe this hometown gem is as good as it goods. David did an outstanding job as usual. The lump crab , cod and steak in a bowl were all exquisite . While the wine markups are high the selection is great. I guarantee for those looking to be served and dine at the highest level you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

There were three of us that enjoyed our corner booth. We could talk easily even though there was a group that dined nearby. We had the Chilean Sea Bass, Veal Mignon and the Steak in a Bowl. Everything was perfectly prepared. The Steak in a Bowl is much better that that sounds. I had it "Rossini" style which includes foie gras. It was very good. For appetizer we had the king crab. It is served in a container of hot butter with the shell removed; expensive, but very decadent. Our server was very helpful, attentive, but didn't push us. I highly recommend M.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I can't say enough good things about M Restaurant! I have always been a fan of Cameron Mitchell restaurants and this is one of my favorites. I took my husband for our wedding anniversary and they made it truly a special evening. It is so nice when dining out is an "experience". From the maître d's warm welcome, to his best wishes as we left, this was a 5-star experience!

Our server was Debbie and she was a gem! She was so knowledgeable about the menu, and her suggestions were spot on! I started with a cocktail; a vanilla old fashioned. The ice was hand-chipped so as not to compromise the integrity of the drink. Next we shared a pear salad, which was a treat to the palette. The presentation, taste, texture was fabulous!

For our main course, I chose the Chilean sea bass in Thai broth and my husband chose the evening's special, which was a crab cake paired with grilled ono. I can't even begin to describe how incredible these dishes were! My husband's crab cake, which was virtually ALL crab, was made with heavy cream and he said it was the best he has ever had. My sea bass was so delicate and not at all overpowered by the broth; it was the perfect complement! This may seem silly, but even the side dish we chose, the glazed root vegetables, were unbelievable!

To top it all off, Debbie unexpectedly brought us a complimentary dessert to complete our anniversary dinner. It was a delicious, decadent chocolate lava cake, paired with caramel ice cream and a house-made cashew turtle. Everything was beautiful; right down to the dark chocolate wafer that read "Happy Anniversary"!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary at M and had one of our finest dining experiences ever. As a life long Columbus resident, I can say this is the best this city has to offer. The atmosphere is great and our waiter was knowledgeable and entertaining. His recommendations were excellent. The margarita with smoked sea salt and jalapeno infused agave nectar was the best drink I have ever had. We started with the 3 cones appetizer which was my first experience with caviar. I had ahi tuna and we split the lobster mashed potatoes. We had the coffee and donuts for dessert. Everything was amazing. I admit I was opposed to going because I knew it was going to be expensive, but it turns out it was well worth the price. We will definitely go back.