“Chain or Same Name”
Review of Lemongrass

Reserve with OpenTable
Lemongrass is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 2,305 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Russell St.
Description: Serving upscale Asian Fusion since 1997. Serving Japanese, Thai, Chinese, American, and Mediterranean cuisine. Specialties include Sushi, Pad Thai, Seafood, and house made cocktails. Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 3:00 - 7:00pm & 9:00 - Close! 40% off wine Mondays!
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was the same experience as the one in Dallas. It wasn't worse or better just different. Food was lacking seasoning

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We've stayed in the Short North many times when visiting Columbus for conferences or the Gallery Hop (first weekend of every month) and have walked by Lemongrass a hundred times and wondered what the food would be like.

As luck would have it, before heading to Columbus for our latest visit, a a certain online "coupon" site offered a deal for Lemongrass - timing was perfect!

Right off their website, I made a reservation for Friday night at 7PM. When we arrived, we were greeted, seated, and enjoying the surroundings. The attention to details with regard to decor was well done with different seating areas designed uniquely.

The crowd was hip and happening, but not overbearing. I'd say it was a fun-loving crowd.

As for the food, I highly recommend the Pad Thai and the Spicy Almond Sushi (very fun) or any of the sushi for that matter. I had read about the spicy almond sushi ahead of time and just had to give it a try. No fish, just ground almonds in rice with a spicy sauce.

Afterward, we talked to our host at the B&B and Lemongrass is her "Go-To" place (which is quite the compliment considering she lives in the Short North). According to her, their signature dish is the corn soup and their crab rangoon and a Mai Tai that is to die for.

Next time, we will be getting the corn soup and an order of crab rangoon to share as an appetizer, a couple of sushi rolls and the Pad Thai.

Some people have rated the service poor here on TripAdvisor, but for a busy night, our waiter was more than attentive to our needs, patient with going over the menu with us, and just plain calm and comfortable on a very busy night. It's easy for the waiters to be overwhelmed on a busy night and it carries over to their service and attention to you. I felt like the water was only waiting on our table - an incredible compliment with regard to service.

Definitely will be going back again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've driven by this restaurant in the Short North several times and was always curious about what type of food they served but did not stop. Last we my friend and I wanted stopped to eat at Marcella's for lunch but weren't aware that they don't I open til 4p. So we started looking around for something close by. Lemongrass was really close so we took a chance. Both of us were pleasantly surprised. It has a cute decor, the wait staff are very well trained and professional, and the food is great. We each ordered a different wrap so we could split them and taste both. I ordered the Ahi tuna wrap and she ordered the crab cake wrap. Both were awesome. She had a cup of corn soup and I had the vegetable. Both were great.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Saw this little place a few times while traveling on High Street and finally was at the right place and right time to give it a try. Thankfully! It was a chilly, windy day and I had some warm roasted red pepper/sweet potato soup that warmed me up deliciously! For an entree, I chose the veggie dumplings and shrimp skewers in lemongrass broth. Fantastic! I wish I'd had more time to just relax and enjoy the bistro atmosphere, but I'll be back!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Menu is nice blend of Thai, other Asian including fine sushi, some Mediterranean. Amongst our group we had a little of each for dinner, and all was good, well prepared and nicely presented. One note: If you want spicy, really emphasize that you want spicy, otherwise it seems to come mild if not almost bland in that regard. Service was adequate, friendly but not particularly attentive. Prices are in line with environs, not cheap but not over the top either. Located in Short North area, so evening parking can be a real challenge, allow a bit of extra time.