“Campus jewel”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Have been eating here for almost 15 years. The food is excellent. Try the hot and sour soup, egg rolls, curry vegetable fried rice, ma po tofu, vegetable lo mein. The owner is an interesting, highly quirky, intense person; I can well believe that she yelled at a few customers like a review seemed to indicate, but she is into her food and her restaurant, so just accept the intensity and enjoy the food!!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at Moys almost 100 times over the past 15-16 years. The food is wonderful....try their Crispy Mango Shrimp (not on the menu) or the Baby Back Ribs (not on the menu.....must be ordered a day in advance and they are made to order) or their General Tsao's chicken, which has a unique sauce, not like at other Chinese restaurants. It is a true "Mom and Pop" place.....Pop does the cooking, Mom does the waiting. Some think she is rude....not true. She is direct, will be very helpful in all regards. They do virtually no advertising. Don't be surprised if you see some of Columbus' elite eating there, including many Chinese patrons who know this is THE place.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This family owned restaurant is not only a great Chinese restaurant, but maybe one of Columbus' top 5 places to eat! They can make a great steak, terrific pan fried noodles. and the best chicken corn chowder I ever tasted!!!! Check this place out!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I've been going to this place for about 5 times already for the past year. Today I went to have a noodle soup in this cold winter day and I was seated directly in front of the door. Cold air hits you when someone opens the door so I politely asked the lady owner/server if I can be transferred to a similar small table that someone just vacated. To my astonishment, she yelled at me "No!, No! No!" in front of a packed room of students. Well that's not how you treat customers, you treat them with dignity and politely because they are the ones who keep your business running. I was very tired from teaching that day and so my patience for this lady has finally reached its peak. I told her that she should not treat her customers like that and that she is being rude. If you think you can tolerate being treated like a piece of crap for a Chinese food that's not even the best in town, then go ahead. This arrogant, rude woman needs some manners and I wish that the city requires restaurants to have servers that are more professional.

3  Thank Rick V
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just superb! We were served mouthwatering food. And generous portions of it! It was not too pricey for what was on offer. This place offers an experience as close as you will get to China on Columbus' High Street. The hostess made some suggestions. The meal had different flavors I would not have tried on my own, or thought to combine. The restaurant interior actually looks like an eatery, and not like a train station like the other Chinese eateries in the vicinity. I finally got to have milk tea too! The restaurant is a little invisible, between two large eateries. You could blink and miss it while on the High Street.

Been to Moy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!