“Good food in campus”

Dining options: Reservations
California
“Good food in campus”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Quite authentic Chinese food close to campus. Not very expensive for lunch, sometimes a bit crowded though. My friends and I go there regularly, and get served well always.

Columbus, Ohio
“Authentic and family owned Chinese eatery”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I practically lived at Moy's when I was in college at OSU. After I moved across the city, I thought I'd give it a break. I went back years later and the wife of the owner still remembered my name and everything. This is one of the reasons why Moy's is a great Chinese place. It is truly family-owned (the mom runs the front of the house, the father cooks in the back, the kids and grandparents do misc. work). It is a small and intimate setting and you get the best service. They also serve the spiciest food---a lot of Asian restaurants don't generally go all out with spice, but Moy's does. They have an extensive menu and everything is cooked really well---nothing is "rubbery." I highly recommend!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank queenchristina32
Columbus, Ohio
“Best Authentic Chinese food in Columbus”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I have been to Moy's many times and have always been happy! The owners are extremely friendly too! Just a few of my favorites are the egg rolls, hong kong wonton soup, sweet and sour pork and beef pepper steak. You surely won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank GundTravels
Liverpool, New York
“One of the best places for Chinese in the campus area!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Moy's is a small place with a very intimate feel :) The BBQ Pork appetizer is delicious and so sweet you'd think you were eating candy! The General Tso's is fabulous! The cashew chicken is pretty good as well. Orange slices and fotune cookies are served at the end of the meal. The service is great and prompt!

On a side note, there are no high chairs or booster seats. We went once prior with our toddler and had to have her sit in her stroller as there was no where else for her to sit. Luckily, she fell asleep and we didn't have to worry about it!

There is limited parking right around the corner but it has a two hour limit (which is more than enough time to enjoy your meal.)

• Visited September 2011
Dayton, Ohio
“Moy's is a little gem!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stopped in on a Monday evening and had the place nearly to ourselves. Moy's is a tiny little restaurant right across from the OSU campus (and next door to Buckeye Donuts).

It is the domain of a man and his wife who came to this country from Toisan, by way of Hong Kong. (We found this out over the course of the evening-- my husband's mother was from a village in Toisan too.) She takes the orders (and will correct you if she thinks you're not ordering the right thing!) and he cooks. And wow, how he cooks!

We had beef with choy sum and shrimp with scrambled eggs. The beef was excellent, but the shrimp and scrambled egg was wonderful, absolutely wonderful. We made total pigs of ourselves and didn't have anything to take home with us. We raved about it to the Moys, we raved about it to the guy behind the counter at Buckeye Donuts and we raved about it all the way home to Dayton. We are eager to return and try more of the menu.

The restaurant is very simple and a bit on the plain side. The atmosphere was dominated by a strange sitcom on the Chinese language television channel (we enjoyed it) and the service is fast, efficient and a bit like eating at your Mama's house, as Mrs. Moy is not relunctant to set her diners straight. (Though she is also very gracious and welcoming.) Prices are extremely reasonable, and dinner is served in the traditional Chinese family style. (To share.)

A fantastic gem of a restaurant, one of Columbus' best kept secrets.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank redchief

Been to Moy's Restaurant? Share your experiences!