“Worst meal in a long time”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Crab Shack is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #292 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We had a bad experience at this restaurant. We arrived for dinner on a Friday night with a two year old in tow. We checked in at the front desk and were told we would be seated in approximately 15 minutes. We waited and waited and started noticing that it appeared some of the people who were getting seated arrived after us. Not knowing the situation, we waited a little longer and finally asked how much longer we would have to wait. Looking at the list, our request had been long overlooked and our name never called.
We were finally seated and the restaurant was very hot and uncomfortable. The waitress was slow to come to our table. While she was friendly, the service was slow. It took forever for our appetizer to arrive. All of this time, we were trying to entertain a hungry two year old. When dinner arrived, it was very disappointing. The fish and chips were terrible. The fish was cold but the chips were hot. The crab cake was less than satisfying and the mahi mahi was surprisingly very good.
In general, this was a very disappointing visit to Joe’s. It was overpriced, the service was slow, the temperature was uncomfortable and we will never return.

3  Thank OhioMeisje

Reviewed December 31, 2010

My husband and I took an impromptu trip to Joe's Crab Shack. The kids were gone for the night and since Columbus is a 2 hour drive, we booked a hotel close by. This was our first visit to Joe's. We liked the atmosphere. It is not romantic, but fun. The service was excellent. We came in towards the end of the night but no so close to closing that staff had to stay later. The waiter was awesome. He explained everything to us and gave us great recommendations. The food was really good. The crab pots are the best if you love crab. My husband got the king crab pot with the fire seasoning. I got the crab combination as I couldn't decide which crab to choose and I had the garlic seasoning. The food was good I just wish the portions were a little bigger. We don't have many places to go for crab or lobster (besides Red Lobster), so this was a great change. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

My wife and I frequent this Joe's Crab Shack location every time my business brings us to the area. It is a great place to let loose, make a HUGE mess, and most importantly satisfy our crab craving. I'm not sure how they do it but their crabs taste twice as sweet as other seafood restaurants in the area and are a quarter as salty. There's nothing worse than expensive food ggdone wrong. Joe's always gets it right. Even when we tried a steak and didn't like how it was done they made us something else instead and didn't charge for the steak. I'd recommend Gabriel as a server. He has been very professional yet charming and funny too! he'll talk you into an awesome deal during happy hour if you let him. Had a margarita with an extra shot of top shelf tequila for just $5. Tell him Fred and Ginger sent you and he may let you in on the deal. He told us about it our second time in when we asked him what he would order. It made us feel great how he took the time to make sure we had a good time without wasting our money.

Reviewed November 12, 2008

If you love crab legs and are stuck in Ohio like me, Joe's Crab Shack is the place to go. There's many varieties of crab and different flavors to choose from. Staff is friendly I suggest you sit at the bar they have a pretty decent happy hour during the week!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Worthington, Ohio
Reviewed December 2, 2007

It's okay, I'm not the biggest fan of seafood

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!