“Yummy food, slow staff”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The pizza was awesome. The staff, including our host and our server were extremely slow in getting us to our table and then waiting forever to get our order. It really is too expensive for the amount you get, when there are so many other great pizza venues in Columbus.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stopped in California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. Was greeted nicely, seated quickly even though they were very busy for lunch. Waiter was gracious, and came to our table right away to take our order. My daughter had a small pizza and said it was great, and coming from her that is a compliment, she is a PICKY pizza lover, lol! I had the Korean tacos, yummy! Great place to munch for lunch!

1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food was excellent as was expected from this CPK. CPK food is always good. The issue came when my girlfriend and I were done with our meals for almost 20 minutes before our waitress came over (it was not that busy on a Thursday night). She then asked if we needed refills and if I wanted the check. What the heck, we've been done for 20 minutes, our drinks were done 5 minutes ago! We were trying to catch dessert before a movie at the nearby theater...and we were 15 minutes late for the movie.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I went here for a business lunch and had a half-salad (Cobb). It was a typical salad and a reasonable portion of food. Even though this was a smaller version, it was fairly expensive. All items were rather pricey. I don't mind paying extra money, but I expect something extra in value.

Food and atmosphere is good, but not an extraordinary value.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I'll tell you a secret: it's been years since I've eaten the pizza at California Pizza Kitchen. It's not that the pizza isn't good--it's just that there are so many other great choices!

My personal favorites are the Waldorf Chicken Salad and the Quinoa Salad. I haven't met a soup there I didn't like. The service is always speedy and friendly, and their desserts are to die for. Try the red velvet cake. Really.

For a chain restaurant, I just don't think you can beat California Pizza Kitchen.