“Good food, need bigger restrooms”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Buca di Beppo
Ranked #101 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nationwide Street
Transit: COTA Bus Service - Nationwide and Front Street stop.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The food was excellent. I recommend a group of 4 or more or you'll have WAAAAY too much food. The bathrooms are not sufficient, so if you're going to Nationwide Arena, just wait until you get there. The restaurant is a maze, but the friendly staff will help you. We did have a problem while we were there, but the management settled it to my satisfaction, and I would be happy to go again, though preferably with more than 2 people. It's not a great place for a date, but a great place for a birthday dinner (it's a bit loud and the atmosphere is very boisterous). I do not recommend going there if you have a small infant in a baby seat. The restaurant is too hopping. When we went the first time (almost 14 years ago) my daughter was in a baby seat and I was stressed out the whole time we were there. We ended up excusing ourselves from the family dinner a bit early.
Sign up for their email club to get coupons. And definitely make a reservation before you go or you may not get a table.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

How many times during 1 meal can they ask "Is everything wonderful tonight?" Yes 6 times. 2 times by the same person! My bakes Ziti tastes as good as theirs for a fraction fo the price.......................................

bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? Please make sure to include the date and location of your complaint in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had half pound meatballs for 6.50 with a vegie side. Cost was expensive. Sides like broccoli were $9 which was good and had plenty of food. Signature drinks were around $15. Service was friendly and reasonably quick. Sitting in the outdoor courtyard is nice. Good location in downtown near the convention center and hotels.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The family size portion concept seems to be very popular judging by the crowds at any of this chain's locations, but I find myself only venturing here rarely because the quality of the food is ok but not great. Generally, the idea is that each entree is served in a portion big enough for 4 people, and you share it with the whole table. So, isn't the point of eating out that everybody can order what they want? I will say though that their coupons are generous, and they have some lunch items that are within my budget, so they inevitably found their way into my rotation as working in the Arena District means eventually getting sick and tired of Chipotle, Steak Escape, and Jimmy John's.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to Buca last night, just before the Blake Shelton concert. Every restaurant had over an hr wait, and we put our name on the list. But was glad that I asked about the outside seating, which is FIRST COME/first serve! We quickly got a table, and was greeted immediately. Atmosphere was great, perfect night to eat on the patio. Food was great, very flavorful. Would definitely go back, when we are in the Arena district again!

Been to Buca di Beppo? Share your experiences!