“My favorite Indian restaurant ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Indian Oven

Indian Oven
Ranked #454 of 2,223 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Columbus, Ohio
“My favorite Indian restaurant ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I am an Indian food nut.
I used to live near 6th street in the East village, which is Indian Food row. I ate Indian at least 4x/ week for the 3 years I lived in NYC.
There is lots of good Indian food in Columbus, but Indian Oven is my favorite, the mint chutney is addictive, the chicken Tikka is too.....the atmosphere and decor of this restaurant is my favorite of any restaurant in the city. the wait staff is very good....the bar is beautiful.....I know....I am annoyingly effusive in my praise...but seriously you won't be disappointed.
The only drawback here are the prices......this is not your 7.99 Indian Buffet place....( or maybe they do have a lunch buffet, I've only been for dinner)
It is expensive.....but it's still in line with the other high end restaurants in town.
I'd go there every day if I could.

Visited September 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Best Indian restaurant in Columbus!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

The shrimp pilau special and the eggplant (baigan bartha) are both delicious and generous enough portions to take leftovers home for another meal.

Visited September 2012
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Amazing,beautifil all in one.Indian Oven is yummy,yummy,yummy,I thaught I would not like it,but guess what it's so darn good.I loved this resturant and so did the rest of the family,very good you have to try this resturant it's top five on my resturant's to eat.Amazing

Greenfield, Massachusetts
“higher prices, same mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

When the food comes out in 2 minutes, you can bet it was not from scratch. Same dry crumbly cheese (Paneer), food seemed to come out of a blender. A place that just throws premade things together, even the rice was not hot. "Why did I go back?" is the hard question. "Why was the place empty on a Saturday night?" is the easy question.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank vputin
Columbus, OH
“A Mixed-Bag Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

This restaurant is clean and smart, but has a somewhat cold, industrial feel that I personally found unwelcoming. It almost felt like I was dining in a car dealership showroom. The proprietor greeted us at the door and offered friendly comments on the menu and wine list. My wife ordered the night's special, a dish with white fish and squash. I ordered lamb curry with medium spice, which turned out plenty hot for me. We liked the fish, the lamb not so much--the meat, in uniform cubes, seemed tough and chewy, I think it must have come from a lower grade cut and/or needed longer cooking, and I ended up wishing I had ordered something different. Both dishes came with nicely cooked white basmati rice. We were surprised that the food was served so quickly-- within a minute or two after we ordered, which makes me think it is all made ahead of time and sitting around in the kitchen. Good if you're in a hurry, but not a good omen for quality. I have had better Indian. Our bill came to about around $60 including two glasses of wine, tax and tip.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank EpicureanLawyer

Been to Indian Oven? Share your experiences!