“A Mixed-Bag Experience”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Columbus, OH
“A Mixed-Bag Experience”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This restaurant is clean and smart, but has a somewhat cold, industrial feel that I personally found unwelcoming. It almost felt like I was dining in a car dealership showroom. The proprietor greeted us at the door and offered friendly comments on the menu and wine list. My wife ordered the night's special, a dish with white fish and squash. I ordered lamb curry with medium spice, which turned out plenty hot for me. We liked the fish, the lamb not so much--the meat, in uniform cubes, seemed tough and chewy, I think it must have come from a lower grade cut and/or needed longer cooking, and I ended up wishing I had ordered something different. Both dishes came with nicely cooked white basmati rice. We were surprised that the food was served so quickly-- within a minute or two after we ordered, which makes me think it is all made ahead of time and sitting around in the kitchen. Good if you're in a hurry, but not a good omen for quality. I have had better Indian. Our bill came to about around $60 including two glasses of wine, tax and tip.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank EpicureanLawyer

Columbus, Ohio
“Bad restaurant and Bad food....”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This restaurant sucks, we went to buffet one day and I was so hungry but there is nothing eat in that buffet. I am a vegetarian, I don't find any thing to eat there. There are only two items in the lunch buffet and they taste really bad. I asked them about this and the owner is too rude, I suggest not to go to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“One of my Favorit Columbus Restaurants”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Amazing food, service, everyone working there is awesome and the food is amazing.

Visited December 2011
Columbus, OH
“Good Bengali-style Indian food”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This is a reliable Indian restaurant in Old Town East, with some regional dishes not available at other Indian restaurants in town. Reliable and good.

San Francisco
“Good food”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Food was great, I had chicken tikka with basmati rice. It was very tasty except it could use a little more gravy, it felt it was a bit dry to eat with rice. I loved the onion naan. The waitress was very friendly and she loves to talk.

• Visited October 2011