“Hotel great, breakfast needs improvement”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU
Ranked #5 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The Hotel and staff were by far the best I've experience. The decor is fabulous. The breakfast could use some improvements. Omlettes were fake eggs formed into omlettes and over cooked. I asked for a boiled egg and plain instant oatmeal and those items were not availbable. The wait person at the breakfast appeared rush and not wanting to be bothered.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Avin A, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Darletta R,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to see that our complimentary breakfast fell short of your expectations. Here at the Homewood Suites-Columbus/OSU we value feedback such as yours as it allows us to better improve the quality of our product for our guest's. I have discussed your concerns with our General Manager and we plan to implement many new tactics to help improve our breakfast products and services. If you would like to discuss this issue further with me I would love to hear any ideas or suggestions you may have, please feel free to contact me directly at avin.abbas@hilton.com.

Again, we apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel was perfectly located across the street from Whole Foods Market and a French bakery/cafe - a GREAT walking hotel. The fitness center was pristine, as was the room (which I might add is better than any flat I've ever lived). The staff was very friendly and helpful - I'll be back again soon!

Courtney S,

Wow! Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about our hotel! Here at the Homewood Suites-Columbus/OSU our spacious accommodations and top of the line gym are just a few amenities that allow us to add value for our guests. I am so happy to see that you were able to also take advantage of our super close proximity to the Whole Foods right across the street! On behalf of my entire team and I we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My brother and I stayed here while our mother was in a nearby hospital. Every staff member that we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

muddyexplorer,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I am sorry to hear that it was under such stressful circumstances we were honored to host you. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon and wish you and your family the best of health!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a very beautiful, new hotel with an excellent staff. Everything was clean, comfortable and new. I loved this hotel and will stay here again. We had the 2 queen beds suite and there was plenty of room. The fridge and stove were nice. The room was also stocked with plates, napkins and silverware.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Avin A, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Holly W,

On behalf of my entire team and I thank you so much for taking the time to leave our hotel such a fantastic review! Here at the Homewood Suites-Columbus/OSU we take pride in our customer service as well as our dedication to our guest's satisfaction. I am thrilled to see that your stay with us was no exception! We hope your travels bring you back to our hotel and we truly hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Probably the friendliest service we've had at any hotel! Suites were clean and really nice. Would definitely recommend staying here. With the full kitchen and the breakfast we saved a lot of money on eating out.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alice B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience at our hotel with us. Here at the Homewood Suites- Columbus/OSU our guest's satisfaction is our number one priority! I am so happy we were able to meet your expectations. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very clean and accommodating; friendly staff. It is easy access to all businesses in the Columbus, Ohio area as well as to The Ohio State University. In addition, the hotel is located near other restaurants and shopping, giving you more access in walking distance.

Dear Cynthia G,

I want to take a moment and Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I am very glad your experience was enjoyable and we were able to accommodate your stay's needs. We are looking forward your next visit with us the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is probably one of the best Hilton properties I have stayed in...and I have stayed in many in the past 10+ years. It is fairly new facility opening in late Fall 2013. The staff is excellent and very friendly. The Kitchens are pretty well stocked with the essentials one needs if you desire to make your own meals. The rooms are very good size, especially the Kingsize Studio Rooms of which I have stayed in. I have stayed at this property going 6-7 x's now. I am working an extended project and it is the only property I choose while in the Columbus area. The rooms are well maintained and kept very clean. The whole staff - from the ladies in reception to the cleaning staff are all very good and extremely professional. This property also has one of the best Health Centers I have seen compared to other Homewood Suites I have stayed at. They have very good equipment as well as a wide range of workout equipment. If you like apartment style hotel living for those extended traveler types - or even for short term guests, I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: I recommend the higher floor units to get the best on noise reduction.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Avin A, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Ptolomey,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am glad to learn that you had a lovely time with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton! I'm glad our spacious suites and expanded gym were able to exceed your expectations. We truly appreciate to see our guests enjoying their stay.

I look forward welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit to Columbus.

With kind regards,