“Best Steak I've ever had!”

J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,276 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 23
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips & Chocolate Velvet Cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for dinner 7 days a week. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I came here for dinner because of the great reviews on T.A. and was not disappointed. The Wood Fired steak was simply the best I've ever had. The soup was also outstanding and so was the service.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Looks like the reviews are half and half- we thought it was a great night dining at J.Gilberts.
This was our first visit, we had a charcuterie, a trio of filets, lobster cobb salad, sides and then chocolate cake and carrot cake with coffee. It was all delicious. The service was great and we were very comfortable and happy.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had dinner here this evening with a coworker and was surprised how poor both the quality of the food and the service was. Firstly, the table was so dark it was difficult to actually see the menu. Second, after selecting a couple of draft beers from the drinks menu, we were told no draft beers were available since they were cleaning the lines. Why they should see fit to do this in the middle of dinner service is beyond me. We both had seafood starters and we both had blackened chicken penne entrees. If I had to sum-up the food in one word, it would be 'mediocre' (and I'm being kind). Honestly, I had better food at the bar across the street (Winking Lizard). To top it all, our female server appeared pretty disinterested and lacked any kind of warmth. For the prices they charge, I expected a LOT more of this place. Will never return.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We attended a wedding anniversary celebration here yesterday. What a treat! The ambiance was typical of a high end venue, beautiful tables, crystal, candles, great bar...but the food!! The ceasar salad was plentiful and delicious, I would have liked a few more croutons, but over all it was fantastic. Flavors were not overwhelming, the portion was generous and it was the perfect start to the meal. The filet was more than outstanding, and the mashed potatoes were also generous. The only dissapointment was the asperagus, which was not as "done" as I would have liked and cold. The desserts were amazing! I chose the creme brule and was not let down. The berries and cream was tempting, I have to admit, and I wish someone had offered a taste, but that's something to try "next time". The servers were well informed about the menu and made great suggestions.....try it! You'll love it

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Based on the reviews I expected an upscale steakhouse but was disappointed. The service was above average and the ambiance was very steakhouse but the food was lacking. The dressing on my wedge salad was so watery it would barely stick to the greens. My steak was half again as expensive as a Longhorns and certainly no better. My au gratin potatoes potatoes were undercooked with some actually raw. The sautéed spinach was drowned in oil. On the plus side my wife and another guest had the salmon which they said was superb and a large serving. Maybe the chef had a bad night preparing my meal.

Thank Jr. Md Thad C

Been to J. Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood? Share your experiences!