New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Bad service; good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mitchell's Ocean Club

Mitchell's Ocean Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,162 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Columbus, Ohio
“Bad service; good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The service here was just awful which is a shame when you are paying 200.00 for the meal. We had to wait a while on drinks each time with empty glasses. Had to wait 35 mins before we even got to place our meal order! We were there 3 hours and my husband only had 3 beers. Not by choice but bc the waiter never came around. The food was good though. The calamari was good. The pretzel bread is awesome. It would be great with the cheese fondue. My husband had the ribeye and loved it. I had the crab cakes which were just lightly cooked and tasty. The mashed potatoes were awesome, but the creamed spinach had a tang and wasn't very good. I would go back and hope for a different server. Really should be a 3.5 star bc of the terrible service.

Waterville, Ohio
“Fresh seafood, elegant atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our server was knowledgeable and attentive; the seafood was fresh and well prepared. The wine list was extensive. Even with many diners due to Ohio State's graduation that day, the atmosphere was calm and unhurried.

Visited May 2014
Bridgeport, Ohio
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

First time eating here and it did not disappoint ! Our server, Holmes, was spot on. Our drinks were always full and our food came out hot. The lobster bisque was amazing as were the ribeye and vinegar fries.
I would highly recommend it!

• Visited May 2014
Versailles, Kentucky
“Very fine special occasion place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My wife and I were visiting our son and his newly engaged fiancée, so they asked to go to this restaurant. He proclaimed it the best restaurant he has ever visited. I agree that it is excellent. Quite pricey, though, so best for special occasions unless money is no object.

Visited April 2014
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at Mitchell's Ocean Club about 50 times......been going since they first opened......three times in the past week. It is "as good as it gets" in Columbus........ambiance, location, parking, food, service all are top notch. It is pricey, but so are the other best restaurants in Columbus. While their seafood is the best in Columbus (in my estimation) their steaks are also wonderful.

• Visited April 2014