“Not Impressed”

Mitchell's Ocean Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Ocean Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,297 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Mitchell’s Ocean Club is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. The flagship location of OCEAN PRIME, a boutique collection of restaurants located from coast-to-coast, Mitchell’s Ocean Club is located in Easton Town Center, a stylish retail center convenient to Port Columbus International Airport and downtown Columbus. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make Mitchell’s Ocean Club an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We chose this restaurant because a friend was staying at the nearby Hilton, and although it is named the "Ocean Club", they allegedly have great steakhouse offerings. We were seated in the "back" of the dining room which was exactly what we wanted, the opportunity to talk and have a relaxed meal. The server, Clay, was excellent, attentive and accommodating to our desire to not rush through dinner. They present a good wine selection and the menu offerings were plentiful. The sides are a la carte, but do come in larger "share" portions. Our side selections of asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes and twice baked potato were very good and well portioned. However, the entree items were lacking. We ordered Ribeye, Filet mignon, and New York strip, all of which were prepared to the requested medium rare, all were flavorful but leaned toward the tough side. The atmosphere and service were excellent but I would have preferred less pomp and better quality for the price.

1  Thank Zukiguy

Reviewed February 11, 2011

The wait staff is faboulus. You are treated very well, from a new napkin every time you get up to very friendly service. Didn't like my blackened fis, a little salty and they immediately cooked my fish a different way and it was fantastic. Only thing I don't like is the restaurat is in a large space and tables are close to each other. It is loud and you can hear various conversations. Not a romantic spot.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

The Ocean Club is an extraordinatory place to eat your favorite seafoods! We had a holiday dinner there (7 couples) and it was simply superb!

The staff was very knowledgable and attentive, the cocktails from the bar were amazing, the food presentation was beautiful and the taste was exquisite! The only real downsides to this restaurant is that is is very expensive and they do pack you in like sardines. All of us sat elbow to elbow with no room to spare. Between 14 people we spent $1,600. However, I do believe that you get what you pay for. We paid for, and received, the very best!

Oh, and in case you think that seafood is all that they serve, one of the gentlemen ordered a ribeye and it was the biggest steak I've ever seen. It rivaled even Smith & Wollensky's cuts and he deemed it absolutely amazing!

You typically cannot go wrong when eating at a Cameron Mitchell's restaurant but the Ocean Club is by far my favorite, followed by the Columbus Fish Market!

Reviewed April 6, 2010

We spent a few days during Spring Break at Easton. After enjoying the great weather we decided to give the Ocean's Club a try. I realize that other reviewers have issues with people from the mall wearing casual clothes. But this restaurant is in a mall next to Five Guys Burgers.

The waitress did not offer any non alcoholic beverages after we turned down the wine list. She then insulted us when we ordered the shrimp cocktail informing us that maybe three shrimps were not enough for us. She was then horrified that we wanted to order appetizers instead of entrees. But we ordered four appetizers for two of us.

The portions were small and seemed to try too hard. The tuna tartar was unseasoned and was unusual with crispy fried onion and avocado.

The night before we went to another restaurant in Easton and had fabulous service and a great time.

2  Thank MBNtravel
Reviewed April 5, 2010

First let me say that my husband and I are not in any way opposed to spending a great deal of money on a great meal. When I made the reservation, I knew it would be expensive so the prices were not a shock to me when we sat down to look at the menu. What was shocking was the portions and the a la carte. The main entrees are SMALL. They tell you that the side dishes are "family style" (which made sense originally as the sides start at $9). We had a party of 5. We all ordered entrees (2 of us had the diver scallops (you get maybe 5 plus 6 green beans for a "garnish"), I had the sea bass(my "garnish" was glazed carots, I got maybe 7 carrot slices) , 2 others had the trout) and we ordered 3 sides for the table thinking that would be plenty if the sides were family style. Each of us maybe got a tablespoon each of the sides(jalapeno au gratin and sugar snap peas) , one of the sides we ordered was the asparagus and there was not enough for each of us to have 2. My husband ordered oysters on the half, I think the price was $16 and he got 6 of them (again the presentation was excellent). None of us ordered a salad (which again start at $9) b/c we thought the entree plus sides would be enough. So the lesson, if you go there hungry, you will leave hungry unless you spend, at a minimum, $45 per person (not including appetizer, drinks or gratuity). Again, this would not have bothered me if the food was something special. While all of us agreed that our meal was good, that's it, it was just good. Additionally, their drinks are ridiculous. I got a martini and while the presentation was fantastic (dry ice) I don't think $13 for a martini in Ohio (maybe New York, LA or San Fran) is reasonable. My husband got a mojito which was $10-$13 as well (we sat at the bar waiting for our whole party to arrive, my martini, my husbands drink and a pepsi for my mom came to $28).

2  Thank OhioBoxerlover