“wine bar offers more”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Henderson and High St
Transit: City Bus Line
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My brother lives four blocks from here and he suggested it. He said, "not white table cloth" but no apologizes needed. We had 6:30 rez and the place filled up soon on Sat. It is sort of a cross between a wine bar and bistro. New place, well designed. Lively mid-upscale crowd. Wine by the glass from $7 up, or pick a bottle for grocery store cost plus $8 corkage. For dinner, waitress recommended short ribs rather than tenderloin salad and it was great. Tender, tasty, came with mashed potatos and a few cooked carrots. $18. Wife had chicken sandwich. I had a taste of sister-in-law's flatbread with grapes, and it was wonderful. Crispy crust. We live an hour away but if I lived nearby we would visit weekly.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I went to Wine Bistro with my Book Club - and was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was a wine & cheese place - but it is a full scale restaurant with a very interesting menu. Everyone in my group enjoyed their meal - and the service was also excellent. I returned a week later with a friend and the dinner and service was excellent again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The perfect night out...sitting on the patio as the sun was setting. Just like being in Sonoma ,California. You can order a glass of wine with fantastic starters, I had the Crab Cakes and Baked French Brie. The best I ever tasted! The entree was Asparagus and Mascarpone Ravioli, mmmm mmm!
You'll want to go back again and again to try different things on menu. So much variety to choose
from. The staff was very nice. Atmosphere inside and out was very relaxing. One of the top places
to eat in Columbus ! (I would go there with adults, not something for kids)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The newest Columbus OH location of The Wine Bistro is the best one yet. A great location, easy access to parking and a short walk from the Clintonville neighborhood. The atmosphere is chic and comfortable. The tall tables have cushy chairs with a view of the High Street corridor and smaller, intimate tables are located away from the traffic of other customers. The design and lighting are pleasing. The wine selection is tops with a variety of excellent wines and price ranges. The Alexana was a fantastic choice for a pinot noir at our table. Wines can be carried out and there are no cork fee days as well. The appetizers and small plates are tasty, fresh and moderately priced; nice selection of salad, entrées and desserts are on the menu. The servers are knowledgeable about their products and assist with selection of wines. Service overall is excellent and the background music, generally great jazz, is never overwhelming when you are trying to talk. Sometimes the wine bar area seems loud but it's easy enough to find a table away from the noisemakers. Excellent experience for lunch and dinner-thanks Wine Bistro! 5 stars!!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We live in Clintonville and this place opened in March so we thought it was time to try it out.Wait staff were very friendly and courteous. The menu is extensive and it was actually difficult to make a selection. It includes small plates as well as entrees. The walls are covered with bottles of wine you can select or pick something from the menu. Wine by the glass starts at $7 and goes up to $15. I had the Tortoise Creek red for $7 and thought it was very good. Good enough actually, for a second glass. You can get a good glass of wine without spending at the upper end of the price spectrum. All that said about the wine, the pours, which are advertised as 6 ounces were inconsistent. My wife had a white which was well over poured, while my first glass was under poured. My second glass was over poured. As for the salads, we had the pistachio with strawberry salad and the house wine salad. Both were very good. The entrees included the chicken pot pie for her and the Italiano flat bread for me. The crust on the flat bread was excellent as was the rest with a fantastic taste of mozzarella, tomato and pesto. We declined dessert. Now to the bill. After the 20% tip, I parted with $78. Maybe I am getting too old for eating out but I think that kind of money for dinner, considering what we had was a bit too pricy. Other than the cost, I would recommend The Wine Bistro for a nice casual dinner with a wide selection of wine and very good food.