“Not as good as it used to be”

Moretti's of Arlington
Ranked #947 of 2,253 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
heart of it all
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had been a huge fan of Moretti's for years but after the last visit, I don't think I would return. The service was okay. I mean our server was totally average. Not overly friendly or helpful with the menu options. The food took quite a while to come out. One thing that struck me was there was an over abundance of onions in everything. To the point where my food was not really enjoyable. I had the chicken parmesan and I couldn't taste the cheese, chicken or anything other than onion and some peppery kind of spice. Really no flavor at all just a spicy kind of heat to my mouth. I wasn't a fan of the pasta either which should have been amazing. The chicken my son had was not very good either. Tasted very processed to me. The bread was good at least. I'd rather eat at Olive Garden and that is saying something.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank helenabear

Galloway, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I've had better”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My girlfriend took me here for my birhtday dinner this year. I ordered the Chicken Francaise-I've had it in the past and loved it! This time it was so salty I had a hard time eating it. I am hoping it was just a temporary change in the kitchen staff.

• Visited January 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Columbus Italian master slips”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The Moretti family has been the stars of Columbus Italian food for decades. Most recent visit left something to be desired. First concern was that server structured the bill in order to maximize the cost. Pasta carbonara which they have done to perfection in the past was a glutinous glob of starch. Daughters pasta dish was flavorless. I am chalking this visit up to some temporary change in the kitchen during the holidays. There was little value here for the price on this visit.

• Visited December 2012
Upper Arlington, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst service and food.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went there for my wife's birthday.Server had no idea on drinks,Cognac,Vodka.Ordered food, was totally soaked with sauce.Children's food was uneatable and sent back.My pasta was the worst I have ever tasted.I am from Youngstown,where Italian food is common and well prepared.When we moved here,this was the place to eat.We ate here for a number of years in Grandview and UA and never had a problem like this.I was totally embarrassed with our guests for such a poor performance and substandard food.I feel that the food rating for this place is on a scale of 10,I would rate it a one.I should have gone else where to have a great time for my wife's birthday,and not this place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank kenneth j
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Happy hour thumbs up!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Moretti's has a nice bar atmosphere and patio for happy hour. Their small plates are very good and the flatbread pizzas are excellent . My favorite was the mussel appetizer. Wine and beer prices were good, also.

• Visited August 2012