“Good Burgers near Statehouse”
Review of Ringside Cafe

Ringside Cafe
Ranked #185 of 2,235 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Hamilton, Ohio
“Good Burgers near Statehouse”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Ringside is an older restaurant/bar located in an alley across from the statehouse. It is one of the best places to have a burger in the vicinity. The burgers are flame grilled, large, and juicy. Their prices are above average, but fair for the area. Service is usually good, but declines after noon when the place gets packed. They also make homemade potato chips that are pretty tasty.

Only negatives are the place is so old appears unclean. Salads are small for the price and sometimes hard to get a seat after noon.

Anytime I am in area I usually eat here, but I would never go out of my way to eat here.

Sunbury, Ohio
“Good food good service”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Went to Ringside for lunch and had the jalapeño burger. The service was quick and the burger was cooked perfectly. The place is nothing special but if you're in the downtown it's a place to go.

“Just okay”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were a large party that took up most of the seats. The menu is limited and some of the pickier people weren't happy with the choices. I had the club sandwich. I didn't care for the chips, but the fries shared by the table were good. The service was really slow. Most of our party was done by the time I got my food. I probably wouldn't go back.

Visited February 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent sitdown”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a great little place to get a great burger for lunch, or dinner with a beer. Tucked in an alley, don't let that stop you from going. The staff is always friendly, the food is always great and beer is always cold.

Visited November 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Food was terrible much of it burnt”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The chips were very brown and overdone pretty much burnt and so were the fries..did not eat hardly any of them.

The sandwich we both agreed was awful though one was pretty good except the bread seemed stale.

Waitress kept rushing us even though only a few people in there and check was brought about 5 minutes after we got our food. Felt she wanted us to hurry and leave. We could not find her for help so had to ask someone else only to find her sitting outside talking when we left.

I wanted to like it but the food was the worst I have had in months. the only really decent thing was the pickle.

Very unhappy with our dining experience of the over 50 restaurants we visited lately, this was one of the bottom 3 as far as how food tasted.

• Visited June 2013