“Very bad”

Ranked #253 of 2,314 Restaurants in Columbus
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great People Delivering Genuine Hospitality
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am from Chicago and moved her after a job change. I have since met my husband and now call Columbus home. I was very sad and disappointed to eat at Cameron Mitchell in Linworth. It was horrible. The sauce on the braised beef tasted like a box sauce with preserved flavor. The vegetables on the steak were not cooked the braised beef was old and very sad. The wine tasted like it was out of a box. Not worth the money. Normally I do not say anything but for the money I had to say that the skills of the cooks was not meeting the mark. In this economy I will not waste my money on something that is not worth it. Bad cooks bad chef over seeing the product going out. The braised beef vegetables had no seasoning and were overcooked with poor knife cuts. I could go on but I will leave it at this. NOT WORTH THE DOLLAR.

2  Thank Nichole B

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Moved here from Texas. We know Tex-Mex and Mexican. This is not it. Boring, production line food. Not much flavor. There are, surprisingly, several very good Mexican restaurant in Columbus. This is not one of them

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to the downtown Columbus Cameron Mitchell restaurant (located off 4th Street) for an anniversary dinner. Cap City Diner, another CM restaurant, is one of our favorites, which serves a wide variety of American foods. The Cameron Mitchell restaurant downtown specializes more in steaks and is higher-end on prices. A steak dinner for two people, with salads and a la carte vegetables, will cost you around $100. We received two free desserts since it was our anniversary, a nice touch. The steaks were great and cooked to perfection. Our service was excellent and our server was friendly. We would never regularly visit this restaurant due to price (again, we prefer Cap City Diner for the family) but it is great for an occasional special event.

2  Thank OhioTravelers9663
Reviewed February 20, 2013

great food for our entire family. Something for everyone's taste. Also great service and great drinks.

1  Thank kgs76
Reviewed January 4, 2013

For all the hype, a little too average for the exorbitant prices. One of those places where the servers think they're too good to be waiting on you.