“Underwhelmed”

Ranked #1,076 of 2,300 Restaurants in Columbus
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I just had my first experience at the Grandview Cafe last weekend. First I want to say the menu was very limited. Everything is fried or a sandwich. Don't go there looking for a healthy option or anything lite. I ordered a blackened chicken sandwich and it was hard. Blackened doesn't equal hard. It was almost not edible but I was hungry. The server was nice and my drink was good. I am going to look at this place like a bar with food. At a bar, you don't expect the food to be good because the booze is first, food second importance. If the food is good at a bar, that's a plus. Not rushing to order food there but I will go have a drink. Nice patio.

1  Thank Kristin R

Reviewed June 14, 2012

A group from the office went for lunch to enjoy the nice day on the patio. Turned out to be a 2 1/2 hour lunch with a comedy of errors from spilling salad dressing on a friend to overcharging to bringing out incomplete orders. No apologies or excuses given. Complaints to the management via email were returned rudely. Will not return--EVER!

1  Thank ssnagy40
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The burgers and meatball sandwich are very good. They have Guinness on tap, that is always important to me. The service is good. They have covered outdoor seating when the weather is warm. This is a young peoples bar, after nine on the weekends, so if you like people watching its great.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a great place to grab a drink, see a band, play trivia with friends, or just get a bite to eat. It is located in the center of Grandview right on Grandview Ave and 1st. If you live in the area it is a great spot to hang out and meet up with friends. It is not a high end restaurant like some of the other places around it which makes it a nice place to hang out and not spend a large amount of money. Still great food, good drinks, and the Trivia night is a lot of fun.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We went to Grandview Cafe for trivia night on 12/27/11. It was a fun evening for our group but we ran into a very shady bartender when we were closing our tabs.

Brandy (the bartender) intentionally double-charged us for a round of shots by putting the full amount on two separate tabs. When we brought this to her attention, she did not even apologize.

What a shady bartender and shame on Grandview Cafe for allowing these practices to occur.

AVOID this establishment or at least carefully review your tabs.

2  Thank Leadbelly98