“Great Place to Relax for Lunch”
Review of Haiku - CLOSED

Haiku
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Place to Relax for Lunch”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I stopped for lunch before we went to the airport. The portion sizes are large and everything was great. The bento box was the best. We also tried the sweet potato sushi. It too was very good. This place is also a great value. We will return.

Visited February 2013

Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent prices and service”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went with a group of six on Saturday night. That's a great time to go because they have live Jazz music. The sushi was excellent and the entrees were great, if a little on the spicy side. We had to send a bowl of pho back because it was too spicy, but the waiter brought a new, milder bowl of soup out very quickly. I had a noodle dish that cleared out my sinuses. They were busy on a Saturday night, but the waiter we had was very efficient and made us feel like we got plenty of attention.

They don't technically take reservations, but we called ahead and they put us ahead on the list.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Haiku”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Once again, I'm just ticked off because they dropped my favorite dish--in fact, the only dish I order there. So I get it somewhere else. Sayonara, Haiku.

Visited March 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Good Sushi”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This isn't my favorite place in Columbus, OH for sushi but it is a good a one. If your in the Short North district or anywhere downtown and don't want to make a long drive to Kobe this place is for you. Its rather trendy and some of the waiters act that way, while some are rather nice also. The fish is good usually but the portions are small and the price is high. There's a great sake selection amongst other high end beverages. I do like this place but would only go here if Kobe is absolutely out of the question.

• Visited December 2011
“Average is average”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just had dinner with the family at Haiku. While the service was good the sushi really was nothing to rave about. There are many sushi restaurants in Columbus that are far better. The sushi rolls really did not stand out, they were actually very bland. Similar in quality to grocery store sushi which usually is prepared with Frozen fish. Freezing fish tends to take much of the fresh flavor away and that is what this seemed like.

Lastly, be aware of the high prices for alcohol. My wife and i each ordered a glass of Mark West pinot noir wine. The charge was $8 per glass which is reasonable however, i have never been served such a SMALL glass of red wine at a restaurant before.

Therefore my rating for Haiku was average, and it just barely made an average rating.

• Visited November 2012