“Follow up on first experience”

Barley's Smokehouse & Brewpub
Ranked #270 of 2,261 Restaurants in Columbus
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My first experience at Barley's left things to be desired. The manager quickly followed up and sent me a certificate to try it again, on him. I took an office mate to lunch. We were met by a nice waitress who took us to a table. Service was quick and correct. Both of us had the pulled pork sandwich. The meat was warm and tasty. The sauce was good too. My companion asked for another sauce, the waiter brought one fairly quick. My complaint was it cost an additional $.50 but was not told that, saw it on the bill. Do not mind paying but want to know in advance. Barley's has great beer, this sandwich and a beer would have been terrific, too bad I had to go back to work. Lunch for the two of us, $22.50.

There are newer reviews for Barley's Smokehouse & Brewpub

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I've been to this place about 50 times over the years. I've had business meetings here, a surprise birthday party for my wife, had lunch with college buddies, date nights with the wife and dinners with the kids. The food is always great. Big portions, attentive service, flexibility in add-ons or deletions......they've never done me wrong. They serve good BBQ from several regions of the US, plus a good rotating menu of local flavors and current trendy foods. I had a Buffalo chicken wrapper there that was as big as my head. The chunks of blue cheese were the size of a golf ball.....well, almost. Great, attentive service from servers (always great to my kids) AND the managers. Being a guy in the restaurant biz, I LOVE when managers make a presence and spend some time chatting with you at the table. I wish I had one more hand so I could give them 3 thumbs up.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

OK, nothing was really BAD when I ate here. But nor was anything especially good or memorable. If you want a casual meal before a game with friends, you could do worse. But there was nothing here that made me want to come back. Except maybe the Peach Cobbler. That was good.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great smoked, grilled wings. Sundays 60 cent wings and $10 pitchers. Can't beat it. Food is good, wings are great.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Went with friends last night. We all had the wings, beer and appetizers. Appetizer was ok. We asked for a few more chips for the dip was told there was a charge we said fine. Beer could have been colder but good selection. Wings were very good. Would get them again. Did ask for an extra sauce was again told there would be a extra charge. Waitress was great and very nice. Would I go again. Yes would I recommend anything. Yes if folks come in and drop about $80 bucks don't nickel and dime folks. Just silly 1.50 in up charges lol :)

1  Thank Kevin C