“Cool retro cafe, OK food, worth another try”
Review of Wildflower Cafe

Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #203 of 2,291 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We enjoy finding off the beaten path kinds of places to eat. This was one such place. We had high hopes when we walked in to find no available seats. Once seated my friends and I all ordered very different items for breakfast. I had the black bean veggie burger (didn't wow me) with home fries (delicious). Several friends had the blueberry pancakes (with real Ohio maple syrup for an upcharge) with bacon...they RAVED about the bacon for hours. Another friend had a hamburger, home fries, and a blueberry pancake...she wasn't wowed either. The biggest disappointment was the weak coffee...what's the point of that? We'd probably give the cafe another try as it has a cool retro vibe, fills you up, and may offer a more tasty selection with different orders. Give it a try! Maybe someone else will make the coffee.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

They have great traditional breakfast and lunch options. I've found some dishes are on the bland side but others have great flavor, so I guess there's something for everyone.

Service was not great during my last visit. It was impossible to flag down our server or catch her eye for basic things like napkins with a table full of toddlers. I've been there during busier times and had better service.

All in all, it's a great local option with traditional fare at a decent price.

So glad that you can now pay with credit card!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

we have dined here twice in the last 3 weeks. Both times for dinner and the meals were excellent. Great value. Cajun shrimp and grits were tremendous. Have great beer menu and mixed drinks with reasonable prices.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Here is a nice, cozy, intimate neighborhood cafe located near tOSU campus that offers a nice change of pace from the fast food, or national chains and a chance to read your newspaper in peace. Visiting over the Thanksgiving holiday rewarded our family with a treat, a quaint, cozy cafe with great breakfast entrees and toned down decore. Small compared with national breakfast choices, it is nice to be able to have a conversation without having to shout, enjoy the meal with good eats and good choices. Wildflower is not the snazziest choice, nor the most upscale, but if you like your meal without the feeling that you being pressured to finish your selection so other patrons can slide into your spot this place is for you. The selections for breakfast are unremarkable but good, with nice portions to take an edge off your hunger. Service was good, not great but you come here to relax and are not in a rush if you are head elsewhere. But to eat a meal like breakfast, lunch, or dinner and feel you are in grandma's kitchen then may I suggest this little slice of heaven to enjoy your quiche or blueberry pancakes. The coffee is good, the parking is adequate, and the selections and prices are good. Come in relax and take time to smell the roses.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have been to Wildflower several times over the years, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and no matter what you're there for, the food is well made, service is friendly, and your bill is reasonable. For breakfast, I love the Belgian Waffles, my wife loves the hash browns as they are 'old school' style, and the Reuben at lunch is also good. Food is made fresh, and local pies and desserts are also available. Dollar for dollar, one of the best places around for consistent quality.