“New Dublin location is horrible”
Review of Salvi's Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2010

While waiting for table, decided to have wine at the bar. Wine list was woefully inadequate by both the glass, and even more shockingly, the bottle. After we got to table and got menus, had strong feeling it was going to be less than hoped for. Menu was noticably un Italian and entrees all appeared to generic. Despite better judgement, went ahead and ordered (while finishing bad glass of wine). When salad arrived, bowl was slapped down on table by server walked away without serving it. After we filled our own salad bowls and proceeded to eat, salad contents were frozen solid. Biting lettuce was like chewing an ice cube. At that point, I asked for check based on what we had comsummed and walked out. To their credit, the did comp 1 glass of wine and 2 salads. Will be shocked if this place makes it 6 months. Would strongly discourage anyone from going.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

This was not my first time to Salvi's, but it was definitely my last. Consistently slow and poor service and this time was no different. Our food was awful and cold, 2 of our plates were sent back to the kitchen. My husband ordered the chicken parm. and it came out with cold shredded cheese on top of the chicken. He asked if they could melt the cheese and the waiter said "they will put it back under the heat lamp for a little while for you." Seriously? You'll stick his plate under a heat lamp until the cheese melts? Ew. My father-in-law ordered lasagna and he had to send it back because it was still freezing cold in the middle. The meatballs were disgusting. I had the margherita pizza which is usually made with slices of real mozzerella and tomatoes, however, Salvi's dumped a whole thing of some kind of weird cheese on the pizza and I had to keep cutting the pizza so I didnt' gag on the cheese! A frozen pizza would have been better and done well.
Our waiter never refilled our drinks and we were there for TWO hours with a 6-month old. Our waiter said "I have 3 tables, I'm doing the best I can"... he only had us and one other table because his 3rd table was empty. It was crazy! He brought us a moldy lemon for my FIL's drink and then when they cleaned the table next to ours they sprayed so much of the cleaning chemicals that we had to hold our breath and I had to try to move to get my 6-month old out of the mist so she could breathe.
It was a nightmare. The only good thing about it was that the place looked nice and the manager paid our bill for us.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

This ranks in my top 3 favorite restaurants! Salvi's offers a wonderful fried cheese appetizer that I find myself craving at times. If it wasn't outside of my budget (I order A LOT when I go there!) and within closer distance to my house, I would go a lot more often!

Reviewed October 28, 2010

We ate there twice recently, and I would say both times it was okay--not spectacular, and not terrible. Even though they are known for their pasta salvi, we didn't care for it--and I am not picky. It (the pasta salvi) definitely is "blah" if you don't order it with some cheese and sauce on it (which costs more)---seemed weird to me that the chicken parmesan does not automatically come with spaghetti on the side--you just get the chicken piece unless you choose noodles as your side dish (found that out the hard way). The waiters are pretty attentive as far as filling drinks,etc. I think it is overpriced fot the qualtiy of the food.

1  Thank brenColumbus
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Great food I have never been disappointed. I always get the pasta salvi. Never had anything like it before.