“Not as good as I'd expected”
Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 2,234 Restaurants in Columbus
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Bond St.
Description: A door to another time. The antique stained oak revolving door lets guests know they're about to enter a world of timeless luxury and gracious hospitality. The flagship of the elegant Easton Town Center, the multi-story iconic green-and-white building offers an atmosphere that is refined but never fussy. Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a festive soiree, our multitude of vintage-inspired dining rooms and casual bar offer a welcome place to enjoy good company.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not as good as I'd expected”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were staying in the area and wanted to shop at Easton Town Center so we decided Smith & Wollensky would be a good place for us to have dinner. We made a reservation and when we arrived we were taken right to our table. I was surprised how empty it was for a Saturday night (and on a big shopping weekend - the day after Black Friday). After getting our drinks, the server took our order. We got salads and soup to start. While having our starters, we noticed that everyone else was getting bread. I asked the server if they had bread and he apologized saying that he forgot. My fiance really enjoyed his lobster bisque soup. I had the filet mignon and my fiance had the filet oscar. Both were just okay. I really expected better but that's not to say it was bad. I was underwhelmed with this experience. If we are back in the area, I don't know whether or not I would give this establishment another try.

• Visited November 2013
Chip M, General Manager at Smith & Wollensky, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Good afternoon,

I was just reading your 'Tripadvisor' review; I wondered if you may speak with you personally in order to gain more information. (i.e. server, order, table ect.) I hold our staff to the highest accountability and I use these reviews as a training tool to better inform them. I do personally apologize for your experience however and I would like to invite you back in to show you what we are fully capable of. Let me know of a decent time to speak to you or if you prefer to email this is my address. Thank you again for your time and attention.

Chip Mullen
Smith and Wollensky, Columbus

Columbus, Ohio
“Somewhat disappointed in S&W experience”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been to S&W a number of times but the last two times I feel like I was very underwhelmed with the experience. This summer I went with friends and my steak was average at best. The piece of filet I received was a sloppy cut and the flavor was just OK. Same experience for my husband and our friend. The time before that the same friend and I went at Christmas for a shopping lunch and we ordered expensive wine and shared some things but same deal...it was just OK. For the money you spend there (and I'm perfectly fine spending money on a nice meal) it wasn't totally worth it to me. This year I think we're changing restaurants for our Christmas lunch because of our last two visits.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Kiwic01
Columbus, Ohio
“Celebration”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I work for Hy-Tek Material Handling and the company is celebrating 50 years of business. In doing so we had a celebration dinner for 38 people at Smith & Wollensky in Columbus Ohio. Scott Kistler who is the catering and events planner at S&W was instrumental in helping coordinate this event. Every detail was perfect, from the servers to the wine!! Thank you to S&W for a wonderful
evening, this was an event the we will remember and talk about for years to come.

New York State
“Excellent dinner, a bit pricey, but satisfying.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Started with lamb stew that tasted like vegetable beef stew, sampled the "world famous" pea soup, don't wast your money. I am glad the Cajun Filet Minion saved the experience, cooked just right and great flavor. The roasted asparagus was a great side. The waiter was great, and i was treated well. I would stop in again if I am in the area.

Akron, Ohio
“The best steak anywhere...”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

When we travel to Columbus we always eat at S&W. Their steaks, even though pricey, are truly the best steaks anywhere. The service is impeccable, the bar service and drinks are first rate!

• Visited September 2013

Been to Smith & Wollensky? Share your experiences!