“jump up level of sophistication”
Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 2,300 Restaurants in Columbus
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Bond St.
Description: A door to another time. The antique stained oak revolving door lets guests know they're about to enter a world of timeless luxury and gracious hospitality. The flagship of the elegant Easton Town Center, the multi-story iconic green-and-white building offers an atmosphere that is refined but never fussy. Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a festive soiree, our multitude of vintage-inspired dining rooms and casual bar offer a welcome place to enjoy good company.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

high end ~ high quality ~ high service ~ high price ~ if you have $ to spend, you will have a good experience ~

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Steak was bland and not very tender. We got the ribeye. The service was good and so was the mac&cheese. Outback steak is much better and less expensive! Our concierge pushed this place on us and it was convenient to Martiott Grand Chateau. Very disappointed!

Chip M, General Manager at Smith & Wollensky, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Good afternoon,
I was just reading your Trip Advisor review and I wondered if you could give me a little more information. (i.e. server, order, table ect.) I hold our staff to the highest accountability and I use these reviews as a training tool to better inform them. I do personally apologize for your experience however and I would like to speak to you personally to do so. Please Let me know of a decent time to speak to you or if you prefer to email this is my address. Thank you again for your time and attention.
Chip Mullen
Columbus Smith and Wollensky

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I wanted to treat my wife to an elegant dinner for two. I decided on Smith and Wollensky as my first place, since she had never been to an elegant high end restaurant before. When we got there the restaurant was fairly empty. There were plenty of tables to be seated, but they sat us right next to the entrance where all the traffic was. For an appetizer we ordered the calamari. It was served extremely greasy from the deep frier and served in some sort of a cheap paper dish that looked something like and Applebees would serve it in. I had the steak and she had the salmon. The steak was decent, but not worth $50. Her salmon turned out real nice. The salmon was worth the price. I wish I would have got that rather than the steak. The service was great, but the atmosphere was more like a high end bar rather than a casual place to dine. People walking into the restaurant in baggy pants and tugged out. Also the noise from the bar was incredibly noisy. Sounded like something you would hear at a local pub. Ended up leaving there spending almost $200 with tip. I would pay $100, but not more than that. Not worth the price. Either reduce their prices dramatically or find a way to provide a better class of service.

Chip M, General Manager at Smith & Wollensky, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Good afternoon Wayne,
Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. On behalf of my Service and Culinary Staff of the Columbus Smith and Wollensky, I would like to formally apologize for the experience that you had dining with us Tuesday night. I would like to speak to personally about your experience to gather more information. Our restaurant is built on the foundation of great food and amazing service, anytime we fall short, we need to know. I thank you for giving me the opportunity to learn from this and assure you it will be addressed. Please let me know of a decent time to reach you. Again, thank you for your email and I look forward to speaking with you.

Chip Mullen
Columbus Smith and Wollensky

Reviewed February 3, 2013

No question, the food here is the best! You can get a nice quite table for business discussions, or you can sit around the bar for after work drinks. Very pricey, so not where you might take the family for dinner. But for special occasions, this is a sure bet!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I just happened to stop in after shopping. We were aware of the elegance of Smith and Wollensky. We had not prepared ourselves for a black tie dinner, yet just happened to drop by and wanted to enjoy a drink. We were immediately greeted by a bartender whom seemed to be busy, yet he presented us with glasses of water, asked us how we were doing, and if there was anything inparticualr we did not have, that we needed. I said, "Im prettey sure,we'd like a cocktail.' He responded by saying," I shall remain here, until you're sure" After my wife requested a drink -"something sweet" Brad returned with my extra dirty, goose martini and, what he(Brad) called a something sweet that you shall love. She did.. We stayed for dinner at the bar. We had a great experience having dinner at the bar with Brad. We look forward to enjoying a meal in the restaraunt . Well done.

Been to Smith & Wollensky? Share your experiences!