“always done right”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lincoln
“always done right”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

as a professional chef i find it difficult to part with the money charged for mediocre food that i usually can do better myself for pennies on the dollar. no matter what my bill is at rigsby's every penny is well spent.

Visited October 2012

“Happy Hour!”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I love happy hour at Rigsby's, as well as dinners. I never grow tired of Rigsby's. how opn earth a deviled egg can end up so classy is amazing. But they are SO good!

Visited September 2012
Columbus, OH
“Still a "Go To" Restaurant”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The entire menu, always pleased with the evening specials. Unique, eclectic food. A place to go for a special evening. Service is outstanding. Great bartenders, too.

Visited December 2011
Columbus, Ohio
“Always a great dining experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had dinner there just last night. The new menu was beautifula and appetizing and reflected the chef's finely-honed sense of flavors and respect for the season of the year.
Kent Rigsby was in the house, expediting the new menu and even serving dishes to diners himself.
From its very first weeks to now some twenty-five years later,Kent and Tasi have offered a tasty menu inspired mostly by Italy, but with their own flourishes.
Several years back the restaurant seemd to have a bit of an identiy crisis, but is perfectly on track now.
Wild striped bass wih farro was superb last night. The crisped fillets were nicely matched with chewy farro. I preceeded it with a very nice sardine salad. I have not noticed this salad before, so I assume it is new. It too was lovely--none of the overpowering fishiness some (including my dinner partner) associate with god-awful canned sardines. The fish was fresh and flavorful and, as is always the case at Rigsby's, creatively presented.
The very best part of the night was something we can always expect at Rigsby's: careful, attentive but not unctious service from a staff who really know and love wine and food. Our server was graceful, gentle, and serious. Although the place was farily full last night, we were fetted to attentive service and kindness.
Rigsby's also offeres a tight and well-selected wine list with choices at multiple price points, excellently matche to the cuisine, and allowing for most moods.
I think of Rigsby's as one of the two or three places in town for an elegant lunch, whether for business or for enjoying a slow paced and leisurely lunch.

Visited October 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Birthday Dinner ala hell”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My Best friend had her Birthday dinner there last night at it was awful. To start the table was to small for 11 people. The server (who was very nice) but either had too many tables to look after or was to new to have such a large group. Everything took forever to get drinks, food, refills and on and on. When food finally came it was not worth the $22. Soaked in oil and little seasoning. My husbands undercooked and over salted to the point of gagging. We did not say anything as we did not want to make our friend feel bad so we ate it. Check time came hours later and due to computer problems took almost 1 1/2 to fix. But the worst of it was the owner. With 2 tables left in the house and one you know was having issues YOU did nothing! You sat at the bar and drank the night away! While your staff looked at us like we were the problem! NO WAY! All of us sitting at the table are either in retail or business owners. We KNOW how to treat people and how clients can be difficult. With that said, it takes a lot to get this group of folks ticked off. No one helped the server (who was drowning) till we asked another person to help him because we felt bad for him. The owner just sat there like a dolt and cared not for his customers or business. I will not be going back..if ever. We paid a lot of money for a poor dinner. But what is truly the worst is my friend called all of us this morning and told us all how sorry she was about the night. NO body should have to feel the need to call her party back and say "I am so sorry that you had to pay for that. And I am sorry it was so awful.” I hope anyone reading this will think twice before going here; there are better laces in Columbus to spend your money. I bet the owners of those restaurant’s will be happy to have you, unlike here.

• Visited September 2012