“A decent restaurnat”

Taj Mahal
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The best Indian restaurant of Columbus. Serving Columbus since 1984.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

A pretty good restaurant. Had a dinner end of of October and the room was really cold. Red wine unfortunately also almost icy.. Meal (Lamb korma with rice and naan) not bad, a little bit overpriced. Could improve the service.

There are newer reviews for Taj Mahal

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My son and I ate at the Taj Mahal during the week. The restaurant has caught my attention for years because of the building and the patio. Both are very appealing. We ate inside because it was a bit cool that night. The bar area has an old, dark atmosphere. We sat at one of the huge windows looking out at High Street. It was a great view. I was a bit disappointed with the prices at night. The cheapest dinner was $13. The service was attentive, and the food came out quickly. The presentation was very nice. We shared chicken curry masala and coconut chicken with rice. It cost $2.00 extra for roti. I believe it would be a great deal to eat at lunch buffet for $8.99

1  Thank LivingTheDream108
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I enjoyed the lunch buffet very much. There was a great selection and it tasted very fresh. I would definitely go here again and highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Why does it expire so soon? I bought one and thought, hey I'd love curry some time soon. Tonight I found out after dinner that my faveroo coupon had expired. What a joke! I will never again use Faveroo and will not eat at Taj Mahal. You lost a customer for $10.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Taj II is a delightful establishment near the Ohio State University in Clintonville (Columbus) Ohio.

The establishment has an extensive menu of Indian favorites served with naan bread and basmatti rice. The Sub-zi Kofta is my favorite dish having eaten at Indian restaurants all over the United States. There are many vegetarian and non-vegetarian options. The food is quite spicy and for a sensitive palate, "mild" can be very flavorful.

The owners and staff are extremely friendly. Outdoor seating, particularly in the early evenings in summer, is a wonderful experience.