“Best fish and chips I've had!”

Old Bag of Nails Pub
Ranked #488 of 2,291 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I really, really like fish and chips. Unfortunately, most places do a medicre job - but not The Old Bag. The fish here is outstanding. Hot, crisp, and tender. The portions are huge, (even though it's all you can eat I've never had to ask for more). You will not leave hungry. While the other menu items are good, don't miss the fish and chips. I've been to several Old Bag locations but this one (Grandview) is my favorite. A cool neighborhood locatipn.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We go here almost every time I visit Columbus. I've been many times. GREAT fish and chips and other deep fried foods. Leave your cholesterol counter at home! :) Busy, busy, busy place. We usually go around 5-5:30 and have no problem getting a seat. You won't go away hungry.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a nice casual place to go with friends. The food is good, but nothing super special. Everything I've had is good and the service is great

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This small venue has several local locations. The atmosphere is pub cozy, most suitable for small group. There are several tasty menu items but they are known for their North Atlantic whitefish, fried sandwich or fish platter. It is always fresh and delicious and never greasy. Superb.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is a great place for the family. Large portions, good prices and yummy desserts, if you have room1 Better yet, take them home for later. Good service also.