“tapas&paella&wine”

Barcelona Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #20 of 2,276 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jaeger Street
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my husband for a romantic dinner. Very nice and friendly service. They have a great wine list. We tried tapas tasting menu and Barcelona paella, they were very tasty. Do not forget to make a reservation, especially for Friday and Saturday dinner time. Oh, also, creme brulee was very tasty too!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very good food and excellent service. Parking is a hassle, use the valet. Good selections, interesting combinations of flavors, many with a Spanish flair. Very good wine prices by the bottle and by the glass...congratulations on a reasonable markup!

When full, the restaurant is a bit cramped. Pretty noisy, but not a full roar. Wide variety of food choices. They were out of a particular Port I ordered which was a menu item, no real suggestion for a replacement choice.

Would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Columbus has a lot of great restaurants. I think Barcelona is definitely in the top tier.

The atmosphere is very intimate and a good romantic choice. While I miss some of the original menu (please bring back the "Barcelona Pasta"), the attempt has been to create a more authentic Catalonian menu, and it is well done, presented, with attentive service. Several in the party had the paella, some being more conventional seafood selections, others changing it up with scallops and prime rib: nice. Estrella Damm on tap; an unexpected but welcome touch.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited this restaurant with friends on a random Sunday night. We were very pleased to discover that Sundays are retail wine night and live jazz night. This means that every single bottle of wine is sold at the retail price instead of the marked up menu price! I had a great bottle of cabernet that usually would have been $65 for $32. Score! The live jazz was a great.

We were all very pleased with our meals. I personally had a filet topped with goat cheese and served with garlic whipped potatoes, white asparagus and fig sauce. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted great. I also sampled my friends dinners which included a wonderful chicken and grape tomatoes in a balsamic vinaigrette which I loved as well. Our server was very attentive and made sure that our every need was met. We were very pleased with every aspect of dinner and will definitely return!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is one of Columbus' best restaurants. We ordered round after round of tapas, and all of them were great. Would particularly recommend the mussels, but everything we had was superb. A reservation is recommended, and just 'splurge' for the $5 valet parking - it's tough to find a spot around the restaurant. Great food, great service, great atmosphere - highly recommended.