“Diner food to the next level”

Cap City Fine Diner and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cap City Fine Diner and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Cap City Fine Diner As with any diner, you feel immediately comfortable and at ease. Like no other diner, it’s artsy and cool. The Cap City menu follows suit, with recognizable favorites like meatloaf receiving unexpected and delightful upscale twists, alongside trendier chef-driven dishes with big flavors. Desserts at this Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are retro cool, taste better than you remember and are showstopper sized.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This isn't your typical diner food. It's your favorite classics, taken up a notch. Their meatloaf and chips with cheese are my favorite!

1  Thank SunSandStyleSports

Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband took our family of 5 out to a late dinner here on a Saturday evening. It was my birthday, and we had just finished helping to transport a rescue puppy from Alabama to Cleveland (we drove one 70 mile stretch of I-71). It was time for a late dinner, but I wanted something different (better) than our usual go-to chain restaurants. Enter Cap City Diner!

There was no wait at about 8:15pm. We had a table near the back patio bar, and there were 5 of us (kids aged 8, 6, and 2). Won't lie, my husband and I both noticed stares from other diners. I don't know if it was because we had our kids with us (they're pretty well behaved), or because our kids were wearing their baseball uniforms (the older 2 finished games right before we left to transport the puppy), or because my husband is incredibly good looking. The kids were clean and not wearing cleats (which can be destructive inside), so I'm assuming it's one of the other 2 things. They have an extensive kids menu, people. If you want a child free dining atmosphere, look elsewhere.

We ordered the pretzels and beer cheese as an app, which were maybe the best hot soft pretzels ever. Two kids got the grilled PBJ, and the third got the grilled cheese and tomato soup. The soup was more like a bisque, and a little spicy. She didn't like it alone, but was ok with dipping her sandwich and dinner rolls in it. The PBJs disappeared in a flash. The price of most of the kids meals was outstanding. $5 for a main dish and a side? The portions were awesome too. My husband got a spicy pasta dish, which he said was very good, and I had the balsamic chicken. My chicken was a little on the tough side, but very flavorful. The mashed potatoes were awesome, like all CM restaurants, but I could have done without the spinach. It was steamed and had zero flavor. Just a green filler, I would have been happier with asparagus.

Our server was attentive and polite, despite us having children with us (yes, I know how servers think, I used to be one of them). I wish we had saved room for dessert! I would happily return to Cap City in Grandview.

1  Thank IrishLake
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Excellent brunch-crab cakes were excellent & my Mom's meal was awesome as well (pasta dish). The dessert we got was just ok-key lime pie.... should have stuck with the carrot cake we were going to order.... Oh well....next time.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Great selection and interesting dishes. All your standard diner fare, but with interesting and creative options as well. It's a little pricier than standard diner food, but the food is better quality and original.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went here for a business dinner - although overall wasn't very impressed. Tough to find parking in the small lot despite the restaurant not being too packed on a Tuesday. Sat in the front section which was like a normal cheap dinner atmosphere but with food at triple the prices but not triple the quality or taste. Friendly service, but for $91 dinner for 2 plus tip, I expected more. Nice calamari app, decent pies for dessert, and nice beer menu. Steak in the Thai steak salad was mincemeat - very tough to chew. I wouldn't go back.