“Great eclectic menu”
Review of Cap City Grandview

Cap City Grandview
Reserve with OpenTable
Cap City Grandview is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,243 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Cap City Fine Diner As with any diner, you feel immediately comfortable and at ease. Like no other diner, it’s artsy and cool. The Cap City menu follows suit, with recognizable favorites like meatloaf receiving unexpected and delightful upscale twists, alongside trendier chef-driven dishes with big flavors. Desserts at this Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are retro cool, taste better than you remember and are showstopper sized.
Lake Wales, Florida
“Great eclectic menu”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If been going here steadily for at least 10 years and the place is always crowded. Don't come here if you are on a diet...there's too many high calorie items to tempt you. In particular I like the chips with blue cheese...umm. Also the meatloaf is a great dish of comfort food. They have some Columbus area craft brews on draught as well. You won't be disappointed except maybe because parking is at a premium.

• Visited July 2013

Los Angeles
“Dinner at Cap City”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a place I wasn't familiar with when my family made reservations for us. The food was very good with HUGE proportions, service prompt, and a fun atmosphere. Parking was at a premium, as we were there at 6:30 PM. Factor that in. Fun dining experience with very good food. If you're starved, order the meatloaf.

Visited September 2013
New Albany, Ohio
“Great Meatloaf”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

There are two Cap City Diners in Columbus both are great. They are part of the Cameron Mitchell chain and everyone knows how good Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are. We go for the Meatloaf served with mash potatoes and crispy onion rings.

Visited September 2013
Canton,Ohio
“Great casual eatery”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had not been to Cap City in quite some time as I have moved out of the area. I had a seasoned peel and eat shrimp as a starter that was awesome. Followed up by a knife and fork chili dog that was very good. So many other great options to choose from as well. It was as good as I remembered from my last visit.

• Visited August 2013
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Nice way to spend an evening”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was in Columbus, OH on business and looking for a place to eat outside. I was staying in Grandview area, but drove down to High street to check it out. Although it looked like a good place to have dinner, I was concerned about parking, so I drove back towards my hotel. Along the way, I saw a billboard for Cap City saying it had an outdoor dining area. That drew me in!

When I arrived, I realized it was a real diner...which wasn't what I expected since it advertised a deck! The hostess told me I could eat outside in the bar area and I took that option since I was alone. I sat down at the bar and was greated by a friendly bartender/waitress.

She took my drink order and made several suggestions for dinner. I asked about the most popular dishes and she said the Meatloaf was tops on the list, followed by a chicken dish and the Salmon. I opted for the Salmon, which was quite tastey!

I enjoyed a glass of wine while waiting and found the atmosphere to be entertaining. I people watched as families with children dined right beside couples on dates and girls having a girls nite out. The place doesn't seem to have a crowd...just good food, at a resonable price.

Although not the greatest place I've eaten, I would certainly return to Cap City the next time I'm in Columbus.

• Visited August 2013