“I really didn't like the food”
Review of Spagio

Spagio
Reserve with OpenTable
Spagio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 2,285 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Avenue
Transit: We are close to COTA bus stops on route 84 and route 5
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had heard good stuff about this place and was looking forward to it. This restaurant is located in a great location on Grandview Ave. it's apparently very popular and most people review it highly. I debated even reviewing it, but I was so disappointed I felt compelled. The service was good. The real issue was the preparation of the food. My son ordered stuffed dates, which were very overdone. He also had a gluten free pizza which was burnt. Others at the table ordered pizzas as well. They were doughy and no better than you can get a mass market pizza chain for the price. I ordered the pappardelle which was a disaster. I really should have sent it back. The noodles were not cooked and all stuck together. I didn't care for the sauce, too many tomato peels. My husband had a pork dish which he said was okay. Maybe it was an off night for whoever was cooking but I won't be going back.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Charming restaurant in a lovely neighborhood. Loved the whole feel of this place, from the hammocks hanging from the ceiling to the 50's-60's pop that was playing in the background. Our server was great, food was fantastic, especially a seasonal cucumber melon soup on special that night! Enjoyed watching people walk by and checking out the Grandview Hop afterwards.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went to Spagio on Saturday evening for the first time. It is locate in the quaint Grandview area and has that feel about it. They have an extensive wine menu but we didn't partake. The menu has a good variety and many unique items to a normal Columbus restaurant, like rack of lamb, and duck pizza. My husband had the seafood stew, which when it arrived, didn't look that large, but he LOVED it. He could barely finish it, but scraped the sides to get it all. I had the French Brie Pizza. It just sounded so good. And it was! Apple butter, pears, brie and candied walnuts. It was like eating apple pie pizza honestly. It really was like eating dessert. It was fabulous! We did have a crème brulee for dessert and as expected - it was yummy. But I didn't need it. The service was very good and our drinks didn't go empty. I would highly recommend Spagio to anyone for a nice dinner out.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

you must visit spagio restaurant and the next door wine lounge. very good service and intersting menu. you are going to love the vibes at the wine lounge with special events happening all the time. for example the painting class once a week!!!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've eaten at Spagio's numerous times over the last 10 years and have always had a very good meal. While the menu is not large there always seems to be numerous items, which change on a regular basis, that are very tempting. I had Easter dinner there recently and was not disappointed with my gorgonzola and baked tomato bowtie pasta...it was very tasty. Another nice feature is on Sunday meals all bottles of wine on the menu are 20% off. If you want a nice place to eat, with good service and even better creative menu, Spagio's on Grandview Ave is the place to go.