“Good food in the Columbus area!”
Review of Spagio

Spagio
Reserve with OpenTable
Spagio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 2,314 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3rd Avenue
Transit: We are close to COTA bus stops on route 84 and route 5
Description: SPAGIO is a casual fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Grandview for over 35 years. Our goal is to create a comfortable, fun, & eclectic environment, where people can enjoy the freshest international cuisine as well as each other’s company. We invite you to browse the many ways Chef Hubert has created settings to explore all aspects of food & wine.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was looking for a new restaurant to try in the Columbus area and it happened to be Restaurant Week too! Spagio was offering a $25 deal for a 3 course meal….so why not! We started off with a great salad with a light dressing and thinly sliced cheese triangles. The main course was a fig based pasta topped with walnuts…interesting concept, okay taste. Finally the dessert was a light nut roll with whipped cream. Again, decent but not out of this world. The veggie pizza we ordered though was out of this world! Topped with spinach and other vegetables, we enjoyed this more than the $25 deal! The pizza can easily be split between two. Our waitress was very attentive and quick with her service. The restaurant also has a wine bar with a separate entrance and heated lamps if you choose to be outside. I would return to try all the other food options that look good and perhaps relax at the wine bar as well.

1  Thank 4GTravels

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I enjoyed this place and it seemed there were a lot of regulars--always a good sign in a restaurant. The special for a Sunday night, which I had, was a half roast chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables all for $9--really great value, especially given that the plate was heaping and the food was beautifully prepared. The vegetables were crisp and fresh and nice variety (peas, snowpeas, sundried tomatoes, carrots) and the chicken was mouthwateringly good with perfectly crisp skin. The sauce was very tasty, but if I may say so, a little on the salty side. This was the only downside in a really excellent meal. The waitress was attentive without being overbearing and didn't miss a trick. I'd go back, but with friends next time.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go to Spagio for a late dinner between Christmas and New Years Eve (you can only eat leftover holiday food for so long). We had reservations and were immediately seated right on time. The service and food were excellent. We have never had a bad meal here and I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My GF and I stopped in for a glass fo Sangria during a casual walk down Grandview. The young man (I forgot his name) working the wine area could not have provided better service. He offered us a sample of a unique desert wine which was excellent. He also showed us how a unique wine decanter worked that they sell. This place is unique...as you can choose from about 800 wine selections and for a small fee enjoy the bottle in the wine store area. They have a menu that offers a good selection that we will try when we return. If your a lover of wine...this place offers a unique experience. We will return with several couples and enjoy the wine area and some menu items as well. We really appreciated how well the young man handled our service. Service like that will bring us back for a future visit!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was our second choice for the evening but decided to go. The service was rushed and not that great. The food was a little less than average. I would not go back. Many other options to choose from....