“The best”
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House - CLOSED

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Campus View Blvd.
Description: Start your evening the Ruth’s Chris way – over a mouth-watering filet. Sit back and enjoy the most tender and delicious steak you’ve ever tasted. Or, if you’re in the mood for something a little different, our extensive a la carte menu features extra-thick cut Steak, live Maine Lobster, fresh seafood, a variety of vegetable dishes, and eight potato selections. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining may be arranged.
Columbus, Ohio
“The best”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The best dinner we have ever had and we have payed a lot more at other places, everything tasted so good, it was worth every penny, excellent service, cooked to perfection, love Ruth's Chris.

Columbus, OH
“Great Bar, Superb Service”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Great atmosphere in the bar. Service in the dining room is superb. Very attentive without being overbearing. If you don't want the extra calories, remember to order the steak without the sizzling, melted butter on the 500-degree plate.

New City, New York
“Never disappoints”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

So good...daughter wanted to go here because it is her favorite restaurant, and it was delicious. Service was great. Will return when we visit her at OSU again.

Visited October 2011
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“A class act and fabulous food”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Ruth's Chris has a reputation of being a wonderful steakhouse with impeccable service. This location lives up to that reputation. From the moment I walked into the restaurant, I was made to feel like I was the most important person there. My waiter was marvelous and responded to my wine questions with recommendations in multiple price categories. Food was cold when it was supposed to be and hot when it was supposed to be. I was glad of the reminder to not touch the 500 degree plate upon which my steak was served. I chose the petite filet (about 6 oz.) which was served medium-well, as I ordered. If you have the larger filet (about 11 oz.) and want it medium-well, ask them to butterfly it so it cooks through. The meat was tender and delicious. I highly recommend the creamed spinach - they are famous for it and it's wonderful. Everything is served a la carte, although they do have a couple of complete meal options. Side dishes are very large and will feed multiple guests. Be prepared to spend $50 a person, more if you have wine. It's worth it!

• Visited August 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fantastic Steak but the service didn't match the price”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I made reservations online for 8:00 Saturday night. The drive took less time than I guessed so we arrived about 7:30p. We parked at valet, walked in, and we were immediately seated. The waitress immediately came over to get our drink orders and soon after, her help came over to introduce himself.

She quickly brought back our drinks and congratulated us on our anniversary (the website asked about special occasions) and took our order. The starters came out quickly along with some fresh bread. We finished our appetizers and then we waited... for quite a long time. Actually, our plates were still sitting in front of us when they brought the main course.

The steaks were perfectly cooked and seasoned. Extremely tender! It is funny when I would slice a piece of steak and it would fall over on the hot plate, my rare steak would be brown from hot butter...mmmmmmmmmm.....

We ended up stuffed so the waitress boxed up our "anniversary dessert" of a small piece of chocolate cake and berries in cream.

After all of that, we ended up waiting ... and waiting... again for our bill.

The food is excellent, overpriced, and super rich. The service left a lot to be desired. I just didn't feel like I ate at a fine dining establishment. It tis a shame.

Go for the food and hope you have better service than we did.