“A class act and fabulous food”
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House - CLOSED

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E. Campus View Blvd.
Description: Start your evening the Ruth’s Chris way – over a mouth-watering filet. Sit back and enjoy the most tender and delicious steak you’ve ever tasted. Or, if you’re in the mood for something a little different, our extensive a la carte menu features extra-thick cut Steak, live Maine Lobster, fresh seafood, a variety of vegetable dishes, and eight potato selections. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining may be arranged.
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Ruth's Chris has a reputation of being a wonderful steakhouse with impeccable service. This location lives up to that reputation. From the moment I walked into the restaurant, I was made to feel like I was the most important person there. My waiter was marvelous and responded to my wine questions with recommendations in multiple price categories. Food was cold when it was supposed to be and hot when it was supposed to be. I was glad of the reminder to not touch the 500 degree plate upon which my steak was served. I chose the petite filet (about 6 oz.) which was served medium-well, as I ordered. If you have the larger filet (about 11 oz.) and want it medium-well, ask them to butterfly it so it cooks through. The meat was tender and delicious. I highly recommend the creamed spinach - they are famous for it and it's wonderful. Everything is served a la carte, although they do have a couple of complete meal options. Side dishes are very large and will feed multiple guests. Be prepared to spend $50 a person, more if you have wine. It's worth it!

Reviewed May 17, 2010

I made reservations online for 8:00 Saturday night. The drive took less time than I guessed so we arrived about 7:30p. We parked at valet, walked in, and we were immediately seated. The waitress immediately came over to get our drink orders and soon after, her help came over to introduce himself.

She quickly brought back our drinks and congratulated us on our anniversary (the website asked about special occasions) and took our order. The starters came out quickly along with some fresh bread. We finished our appetizers and then we waited... for quite a long time. Actually, our plates were still sitting in front of us when they brought the main course.

The steaks were perfectly cooked and seasoned. Extremely tender! It is funny when I would slice a piece of steak and it would fall over on the hot plate, my rare steak would be brown from hot butter...mmmmmmmmmm.....

We ended up stuffed so the waitress boxed up our "anniversary dessert" of a small piece of chocolate cake and berries in cream.

After all of that, we ended up waiting ... and waiting... again for our bill.

The food is excellent, overpriced, and super rich. The service left a lot to be desired. I just didn't feel like I ate at a fine dining establishment. It tis a shame.

Go for the food and hope you have better service than we did.

Reviewed April 26, 2008

Was in the Columbus area and I had heard that Ruth"s Chris was a good place for a steak. So we made reservations when we got there it started to go down hill.
The server came over and we where trying to decide on a salad she told us that " the salads had gotten smaller and smaller the last few weeks ( I am thinking why would she say that?)
The "main server " did not wait on us very much but... I will talk about that later.
So we put our order in I noticed that every side you order you had to pay extra for! I know now that is how they always are. Out came the steak after a really long wait maybe maybe 30 minutes or more. When the "main server " brought out the steak she was putting it on the table she hit it on the tray she was carrying and glass went everywhere( Maybe the plate had cracks already if that is true then why was it not taken off the line?) all over the food .
I looked at the wife and we almost left this was a high end steak house !! Then the server said I will get you another steak she was back in less than 3 minutes. I asked her if it was the same steak she paused and said "No" I said that was quick and she said " She took it off another order" I think she lied so the whole time I kept thinking of glass that I was eating.
After about 2 or 3 more bites I told the wife lets go because, I was searching threw every bite for glass. So we took the $85.00 dollar steak back to the room and threw it away. Need less to say a waste of about $200.00 . So for $200.00 I got a good baked Tatter the wife got some good garlic mashed and I think the desert was ok.
To make a long story short the second server did all the work I tipped him $30.00 and the other server nothing.
The manager did sent us a gift card but, he was not very sorry it seemed. When we got home a few weeks later we went to the one in Charlotte NC and the service was so bad we walked out without even ordering. Then we went to the Location in Greensboro NC it was much better but, it should have been after what we went threw!!

3  Thank jleetw1
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 2, 2008

While I love Mortons, you just can't beat seared meat on a hot plate covered in butter.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook