“Ginormous Burgers sooo good!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 94 Bars & Pubs in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Ginormous Burgers sooo good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

After a decently long wait, it was so worth it!! The burgers are huge! The meat is deliciously seasoned and juicy. The toppings were fresh. The service was also good keeping in mind that the place was packed. Definitely worth the wait! Will be back!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Jessica P

“Took down the Thurmanator ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

OK, so I popped in here for a quick dinner with some colleagues during a business trip to Columbus. My eyes were on the prize from the minute I walked through the door. I was going to destroy the restaurant's gut busting signature dish, the Thurmanator.

Now, it didn't disappoint in size. Quite possibly the most food I have ever eaten on one sitting. However, if I'm brutally honest, it's sheer enormity matched with my insatiable appetite was all it had going for it.

The hamburgers were cooked through, despite being ordered medium. This was common across the table. Also, the ham atop my burger was of dubious quality, and detracted from the overall package on my plate.

However, the atmosphere in there was great. I enjoyed my competitive eat off with a challenger on the next table, and the staff provided top entertainment if slightly slow service.

In summary, I would not recommend this cafe for high end food or rapid service, but that does not seem to be their aim. Good honest food, served (eventually) with a smile and a joke, however, it does deliver on.

2 Thank John D
Louisville, Kentucky
“Don't miss this if your in Columbus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This restaurant was ranked high on our list of things to experience in Columbus, OH. When we arrived, I was surprised to see how small it was and even more surprised to hear that we had an hour and forty-five minute wait.. for a burger? We decided to wait and boy am I glad we did! The wait ended up being about 30 minutes because a large party left and we were promptly seated. While we were sitting in the waiting area, the waiters brought us pitchers of water, cups and allowed us to order appetizers. I highly suggest the wings! They serve whole wings as an appetizer and they were really good ( cajun/mild). The menu features burgers of all kinds but when we saw them, we immediately began to wonder what we had gotten ourselves into. These burgers are HUGE! Like, unbelievably big! Not only were the burgers freakishly big, they tasted very good... juicy and well seasoned. I can't sing the praises of the wait staff enough. They all worked together and was super friendly answering all of our questions about their unique interior. They even turned the music down for us as we were sitting next to the speaker. Thurmans is the complete deal! Great experience that would recommend to anyone in the Columbus area!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Vanessa T
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Amazing Experience - Amazing Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Giant burger! Wings like you've never seen before. Cool fun atmosphere. Small place so you may need to wait. You cannot eat the entire burger.... I repeat... cannot! Gold beer, fun server's, and really neat tactile decor. Lots of diversity on the menu but the place is known for the burgers which, while huge, are tasty and delicious! Check it out but go, hungry and you won't need desert.

Thanks

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Amherst, Ohio
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We were in Columbus for a baseball tournament and we had heard that this was a really good place to get burgers and wings. Although we waited 45 minutes for a table, it was well worth the wait. The burgers were enormous and quite tasty, the service was good. The decor on inside is quite unique. We had heard that that they were quite a popular restaurant so I looked on their website for a phone number so I could call about the wait time. I found a webcam of the lobby which showed that the lobby was empty. I called just to be sure that the line was not too long and no one answered the phone, I got voicemail. When we got there, there were many people waiting, when I asked the hostess she said the webcam has been broken for a month.

Great restaurant.