“Yummy!”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I went there for lunch one Saturday. Get there about half an hour before they open to make sure you get in on the first wave. The dining room is small....kind of like a neighborhood bar. We ordered a hamburger and fries (of course). While you're waiting on your food you can read the things written on the walls and the back of the booths. Most of what's on there is G and PG rated so it's fine for kids. The service is fine - it's not over the top but it wasn't slow. The burgers were huge - just as expected. They're a little greasy but, again, that's expected. The fries are pretty good too. Overall, I would recommend everyone try this place at least once. There are lots of good places in Columbus to get a burger so we're in no rush to get back here. If it wasn't so busy all the time we might be more inclined to go more often. Food was good, service was good, no complaints.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went to Thurman's for the first time with 3 friends - we calculated we ate a total of 3 lbs. of beef! It was worth every single bite. They are big, delicious, perfectly cooked and there is such a variety, something for every taste. We took the buns off because it was impossible to eat the burger without a fork and besides that left room for the great fries and chips.
Got there at 4:15 on a Friday and lucked into a table right way, that is the exception to the rule I'm sure as when we left the line was out the door. Tiny place, lots of atmosphere and the only thing I would complain about is that when someone plays the jukebox it is absolutely impossible to carry on a conversation. Way, way, way too loud.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I visited recently with family and had a great evening.
The service was excellent and the staff were very friendly.
The quality of the burgers was first class and the atmosphere in the place was great.
You have got to visit when you are in the area.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

There were 7 of us there on Saturday November 30th 2013. We had an assortment of burgers including "The Thurmanator". My youngest son ate the whole thing ( minus the fries). We all agreed for such a Tiny place, and I mean tiny, all our burgers were cooked to perfection and we all agreed they were excellent in flavor. A must try before you die kind of place !

Reviewed November 19, 2013

One of the best burgers I have had in a long time...but be ready for a LONG wait. We got there at 4:00pm and it was an hour wait at that point. Service was great and very friendly. Will be back if in town.