“Wow”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Huge menu! But since it's know for burgers since being on Man vs Food, we got burgers....and oh my, what a burger! Truely the best I've had. The meat was so moist and soft, any toppings would taste awesome! We also got fries with Coney sauce. We originally put our name on the wait list for the main restaurant (over an hour on Saturday night), but since we were just driving through Columbus on the way home from vacation, we decided to order take-out. Their take out joint is right next door to the main restaurant/bar, and we were more interested in the food than the bar atmosphere! So, we took our nicely packed to-go order (about a 15 min wait) to Schiller Park which is just a block around the corner. Clean park in a nice neighborhood. Ate there and was back on the road to PA. Can't wait to pass through Columbus again just to have a huge burger!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

First off I hope you can set aside at least 2 hours for wait, eating, wait, and leaving!

The staff is very friendly and enjoy what they are doing.
The appeal of the place is soso as the waiting area is bigger than the actual eating area.
They have tables in the middle of the aisle which is uncomfortable to eat.

The Burger is HUGE! The cheese is great and the toppings are fresh.
The Burger needs more seasoning and is honestly too big. (Yes, too much hamburger)
The fries are honestly very average at best.

Slow service, slow food, slow dinner.

I would eat there again for the fact that it is a good burger. It would rank in my top 3 of burgers but still not going to give you the WOW factor that the hype makes you think you will receive!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have only visited this place once without having to wait a minimum of 45 minutes to be seated, and they do not take reservations. I truly can't understand how their waiting area is actually larger than the restaurant area itself, given the length of the lines of people waiting to eat there. They do make some very large and tasty burgers though, and it is worth visiting.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

After my husband saw an episode of Man VS Food featuring the Thurman Cafe and their amazing burgers, we just had to try it! Although it was quite a jaunt to get there from the OSU area, we were very impressed with the food and prices! Can't wait to visit again!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The burger was ok, could cook one just like that at home, but I will say the wings were to die for. Loved them!