“Best in town”

The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,300 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Just west of Route 315
Description: An upscale dining experience with a very unique ambiance in 19th century historical building. Contemporary and classic French cuisine. Unparalleled service and a wine program unlike any other. In addition to Dining Room Menu; Wine Retail Store, Wine Tastings, Bistro Dining, Dinner Music Series No dress code required; dressy casual or business casual
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is the best restaurant in Columbus. Excellent food, attentive service, and an extensive wine list. It is a bit expensive, but not out of line for the quality. Go there for a special occasion.

Kamal B, Owner at The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Greetings,
Thanks so much for joining us and for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are so glad you enjoyed your evening with us and look forward to seeing you soon!
It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you,

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was the 3rd time I've been to this unique place and it was again, worth every penny! I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty pricey but worth spending the money for a special occation. The food & service are impecable. I guess that's why it's still voted the best restaurant in C-bus!

Greetings,
We are so glad you enjoyed the evening with us and really apprecaite you taking the time to share such positive impressions here with Trip Advisor! We look forward to seeing you again soon and also encourage you to view our Three-Course Mid-week Bistro Menu served in the Lounge until 8:30 and on Friday and Saturday as an early menu from 5 to 5:45. This menu changes every week and is a great value at 24.00 for all three courses! Please ask for the Bistro Menu when making reservations for this more casual experience from the same great Chef!
It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you,
Owner
Please let me know when you are joining us, so I may thank you personally and extend our hospitality to you.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This 1800's building is such a quaint place to experience a meal. The perks are that the food is always excellent as well as the service. My tip is to get a discount through Dine Originals or try their bistro menu. The patio and music are enjoyable during the wamer months too.

Kamal B, Owner at The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We really appreciate you joining us for Restaurant Week and humbly apologize for the delay with your table. This is not what we strive for and we are very grateful for your kind understanding. We are so glad that you enjoyed the cuisine of Chef Richard! If you would be kind enough to ask for me when you are calling to make another reservation, I would love to be able to extend a personal courtesy to you as our way of thanking you for making us aware of your impressions.

it is our pleasure to serve you,
Kamal Boulos 614-451-9774

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I waited approx. 30 minutes (8:45pm) with advanced reservations. I want to give the benefit of the doubt that since it was the last day of Restaurant Week Columbus it took longer than normal. I did get an apology from the owner for the late seating which was nice. It was cold in the main entrance and also cold in the bathrooms and at the seating area. This is my second time being at The Refectory and the service and waitress were excellent last time (no valet anymore). The waiter never brought us our cheese sampler that we ordered. The waiter was informative when the entree was brought out but not on the first course, or desert in terms of prep. The Refectory's food does rival NYC Michelin Restaurants at a fraction of the price.

Kamal B, Owner at The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Greetings,
Thanks for joining us during Restaurant Week. We are so glad that you enjoyed your evening and appreciated the excellence of the cusine and the reasonable prices!
We humbly apologize that the service was less than you had expected and would consider it a privilege to serve you again and present you with a more positive impression.

Dine Originals Week is very soon and whenever you are planning in coming in, please let me know, so I may personally attend to your reservation.

It will be our pleasure to serve you,
614-451-9774

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed the food and ambiance. Service was lacking but Overall it was enjoyable. I was joined by a few friends, they had similar sentiments about the experience.

Thanks for joining us some time ago and we are thankful that you enjoyed the experience overall, especially the cuisine and the ambiance.

We feel badly that the service was less than you expected and would love the opportunity to serve you again and present with a more positive evening. Please let me know when you are joining us again and I will personally take care of your reservation.
It will be our pleasure to serve you,