“5 Star”

The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,244 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Just west of Route 315
Description: An upscale dining experience with a very unique ambiance in 19th century historical building. Contemporary and classic French cuisine. Unparalleled service and a wine program unlike any other. In addition to Dining Room Menu; Wine Retail Store, Wine Tastings, Bistro Dining, Dinner Music Series No dress code required; dressy casual or business casual
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“5 Star”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great service, food, price is a bit high but usually worth it.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Marie V
Kamal B, Owner at The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Marie,
Thanks for joining us some time ago and for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are so glad you enjoyed your dinner and look forward to seeing you again soon. We would also recommend our Mid-Week Bistro Menu for a more casual and lower-priced dinner. This three-course menu, served in the Lounge area, changes every week to two weeks and is 24.00 for all three courses. It is very popular and a great value as well. Just ask for the Bistro Menu when making reservations and you can view this menu on our website www.refectory.com.

It is our pleasure to serve you!
Kamal Boulos
Owner

“Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Took my husband for his birthday. The food, service, and environment were great for the occasion. It was quiet and the food was amazing!! I have tried the warm pear tart in the picture and it is awesome.

Visited April 2012
Hi Kim,
Many thanks for joining us last April to celebrate your husband's birthday and we are so glad you enjoyed the evening with us! We are sorry for the lateness of this response and please let us know if we can ever be of service to you in any way. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
It is our pleasure and privilege to serve you,
Kamal Boulos
Owner
“SO VERY TIRED!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I'm always amazed that this place seems to rate so highly. Maybe after going and blowing so much money, people would feel bad about their investment if they didn't give it 4 or 5 stars. The carpet is as old and worn as a Motel 8 and the bathroom fixtures and wallpaper are the same as when I went there for dinner before a high school Homecoming dance (circa 1982). They are well known for their extensive wine list, however. If you are looking for white table cloth service with waiters in tuxes and small, French food that costs a fortune, then Refectory is for you.

2 Thank Ngray921
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Favorite Restaurant in Columbus”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I've been going to The Refectory for 20 years. Having been a waiter many years ago I'm often very critical but The Rectory never disappoints. Kamal is a very gratious host, and the 2 times I've hosted events (parents 50th and Dad's 80th) they printed special keep sake menu's in honor-one of the many nice touches you'll find. The food is always excellent, the wait staff perfect and friendly. Yes, this is an expensive restaurant but worth it in many ways. My wife and I were in December and vowed to go once a month in 2012 as our New Year's resolution!

• Visited December 2011
Columbus, Ohio
“Our New Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I am so upset...that we waited so long to try this restaurant! Everything about this place is exquisite. The wine list is extensive and informative. They didn't have the wine I chose, but generously substituted a superior bottle. We love to start a meal with a selection of cheeses and The Refectory's european cheese plate is unmatched. I opted for the barramundi while my husband ordered veal. Both were delicious. We finished the meal with the most perfect creme brulee I have ever tasted. Our server, Justin, paced the meal perfectly while surprising us with tastings of his wine selections. The owner, Kamal, was incredibly charming and stopped at our table to welcome us. Before leaving we made a reservation for their upcoming wine tasting and we plan to take my parents to the evening of jazz. We dine out at least once per week, and while we love to try new places, it's going to be very difficult for any restaurant to live up to our experience at The Refectory.

• Visited March 2012